13 funniest memes for the week of April 7
Tomahawks are flying, tensions are rising, and we’re just over here collecting memes and giggling. Here are 13 of our favorite funny military memes from this week, starting with a little shout out to the ships that conducted the strikes:
1. Congrats to the Navy for getting to set off some fireworks last night (via Weapons of Meme Destruction).
2. Digital security is important (via Team Non-Rec).
3. Navy Capt. Bender got the hookers out before the NCIS raid began (via Military World).
4. You’ve got to earn that nap time by holding up that book she’s going to read to you (via Decelerate Your Life).
5. If it’s stupid but it works … actually, this is still stupid (via Coast Guard Memes).
6. Poor Jody never gets any respect (via Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said).
7. Grade-A, Tier-One killers (via Devil Dog Nation).
8. Every paratrooper’s spirit animal on a Saturday jump (via Military World).
9. Shut up, POG (via Pop smoke).
10. Yeah. This is worth the next four years of my life (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
11. “Potato” isn’t too shabby (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
Good ol’ National Training Center (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
13. You’ll never run faster than when you’re told you don’t have to run that morning (via The Salty Soldier).
The 13 funniest memes for the week of Sept. 22
Kim Jong Un has an H-Bomb. These good ol' fashioned military memes will make your last few moments less excruciating. Memes are proven to cool hydrogen burns.
How Taco Bell influenced a rapper to become a Marine
In this episode of the Mandatory Fun podcast, we speak with The Marine Rapper a.k.a. TMR about how he went from wrapping tacos to rapping music lyrics.
These are the best military photos for the week of September 23
The military has very talented photographers in the ranks, and they’re always capturing what life as a service member is like during training and at war. Here are the best military photos of the week.
The US just sent 2,200 of these Fort Bragg paratroopers to Afghanistan
Approximately 2,200 82nd Airborne Division paratroopers began quietly deploying this month, part of a long-discussed troop surge to Afghanistan.
The Marines just took a look at this Civil War battlefield to learn military lessons for the future
The battle, which involved 18,456 mounted troops and was the largest cavalry clash in North America, also remains largely unknown by today's students of military history.
The Air Force is finally getting with the program and planning for urban fights
Air Force Chief of Staff David Goldfein has added urban warfare to his list of top focus areas, predicting that much of the world will live in megacities.
How we found out it's not so easy to fly a Reaper drone
Let's just say computer flight simulator games don't provide enough experience to make a good landing.
Here's what the Marines of 'Full Metal Jacket' are doing today
The Marines killed the enemy together, laughed together, and shared a Da Nang hooker together. But what happened to them after the war? You're about to find out.
Army ditches search for 7.62 battle rifle — for now
Less than two months after the Army issued a request from industry to provide up to 50,000 7.62 battle rifles, sources say the service has pulled the plug on the program.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles