13 funniest memes for the week of Oct. 28
Halloween is coming up, so we hope everyone has a great costume lined up, unlike most years when everyone just trades uniforms with a member of a different service for the night. Soldiers going as airmen, sailors going as Marines. It’s all cutting edge stuff.
Before you head into the housing areas to beg your first sergeants for candy, check out these 13 funny military memes:
1. Wait. Do airmen get only three shots?
(via Air Force Memes & Humor)
2. Well, at least you can apply that penny to the repair bill (via Military Memes).
3. Back to basics, Marines (via Marine Corps Memes).
4. “Meh. This is the next watch’s problem.” (via Coast Guard Memes)
5. Uh, Germany did this and got to stay Airborne (via Do You Even Airborne, Bro?).
6. Make your life decisions carefully, folks (via Military Memes).
7. When your tie-down job lasts longer than the trailer, truck, or load:
(via Team Non-Rec)
8. Russia fields its new, rapidly deployable force:
(via Military Memes).
9. Combat rock painter:
(via The Salty Soldier)
10. “A-10 a song” is the best (via Air Force Nation).
11. Someone doesn’t appreciate the Air Force (via Coast Guard Memes).
12. In his defense, there’s a solid chance that he’s faking it (via Military Memes).
13. When your vehicle recovery plan leaves something to be desired:
(via Military Memes).
This Halloween-themed bomb was as dumb as it sounds
Still a few years out from the Manhattan Project being completed, a dentist / mad scientist came up with a disastrous and inhumane plan — the "bat bomb."
These are the contenders flying off to replace the A-10
Four planes are flying off for the chance to try to replace the beloved A-10 Thunderbolt. Here's how they hold up.
This was a major problem with the South Vietnamese army
"Be glad to trade you some ARVN rifles. Ain't never been fired and only dropped once." — Cowboy from "Full Metal Jacket."
9 reasons why you should have joined the Army instead
The only down side is knowing that when you get out, you will never be as cool as you were when you were doing "Hooah things" with your boys.
7 things all troops should know before becoming a sniper
With Hollywood tapping into the sniper lifestyle with films like "American Sniper," many young troops get a misconception what it's like to be one.
The first home-built Japanese supersonic fighter was a ship-killer
The Mitsubishi F-1 was designed to carry out the maritime strike mission, but also could carry AIM-9 Sidewinders.
This is why Bowe Bergdahl says he plead guilty
US Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, held captive by the Taliban for five years after walking off his post in Afghanistan, is expected to plead guilty.
Say hello to America's newest 40mm grenade machine gun
The Mk-47 Mod 0 Advanced Grenade Launcher takes the auto 40 mike-mike to a whole new level.
10 craptastic Halloween costumes completely out of regulations
It's that time of year again! Halloween parties are being planned and folks who wouldn't hack it in the real military pick up cheap ass costumes.