13 funniest military memes for the week of April 14
Ready for a payday weekend? So are we once we finish these little articles and get through the editor’s safety brief.
One intern falls out of the window and all of a sudden we can’t be trusted. Anyway, here are 13 funny military memes to help you get the weekend started:
1. “Yeah, Navy, Imma let you finish. But the Air Force has the greatest bombs and I can prove it.” (via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
2. Don’t laugh, don’t coo at him. Don’t laugh, don’t …. (via Air Force Memes & Humor)
3. But what are you going to do with the extra space in the bin? (via U.S Army W.T.F! moments)
4. The warrant recruiters wouldn’t have to send all those emails if they only made this their motto (via Sh*t my LPO says).
5. You’ll spend the whole weekend waiting for the other shoe to drop (via Sh*t my LPO says).
6. “Wait … this surf and turf doesn’t even taste like rubber. Why would they send fresh food unless …”
(via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting)
7. Know what’s a good topic for those application essays? “How I smoked that terrorist shooting at my buddies.” (via @rachaaelbrand)
8. It’s funny because it’s true (via Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said).
9. Speaking of sad because it’s true:
(via Military Memes)
10. Just think of all the dry socks and water onboard too (via Decelerate Your Life).
11. That DD-214 isn’t always a golden ticket (via Team Non-Rec).
12. Sorry, corporals, but we were all thinking it (via The Salty Soldier).
13. Nope. Nope. Nope (via Sh*t my LPO says).
Here's where the military's highest award is made — the Medal of Honor
Approximately 3,500 brave troops have earned our nation's highest honor. Crafting such an important medal takes precision, dedication, and extreme care.
You can buy a civilian version of the Army's new sidearm system
Sig Sauer, maker of the Army's new M17, is planing to make and sell 5,000 civilian versions of the MHS 9mm pistol. There is no estimated price tag yet.
This is why old boats full of dead North Koreans keep floating to Japan
Hundreds of ghost ships, filled with skeletal remains and shrouded in mystery, have washed ashore in Japan in recent years. They may be from North Korea.
This Marine veteran uses this special ingredient to boost his men's morale
Bill Joerger, Marine veteran and South Philly firefighter, uses his culinary talents to help his men combat the stresses they face every day.
Now you can read about every single fallen US troop in the Vietnam War
The Virtual Wall has a searchable, browsable database with casualty information and tributes for every name on "The Wall," broken down by city and state.
10 places in the world where US influence has plummeted
As the U.S. burns bridges with allies left and right, China has been following behind, picking up the pieces, and forging stronger ties around the world.
Watch this WW2 pilot take to the skies in his old trainer aircraft
After the attack against Pearl Harbor, Capt. Jerry Yellin became a P-51 pilot to defend his country, serving until the last combat mission of World War 2.
Russia's biggest transport plane hauled the Soviet space shuttle
The Anotov An-225 can carry 275 tons of normal cargo in its hold, equivalent to a platoon of M1A2 Abrams tanks. Learn more about this Soviet aircraft.
Nobel Prize winner warns the world is 'one tantrum away' from nuclear crisis
While accepting the Nobel Peace Prize, the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons warned that we're just "one tantrum" away from nuclear war.