13 Funniest military memes for the week of April 28
We found these awesome military memes and thought you guys might like ’em. Here are 13 of the funniest we found:
1. When it’s the perfect new house until you see the address (via The Salty Soldier).
2. Dang. Can’t even rollerblade?
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
3. I would not be entirely surprised to learn that Mattis is a Jedi (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
4. At least he warned everyone (via Pop smoke).
5. Dangit, Air Force. If you would wear helmet bands, you could do it right (via Military World).
6. This Snapple fact is completely true (via Coast Guard Memes).
7. See, my DD-214 won’t let me wake up before 8 a.m. (via CONUS Battle Drills).
8. Better ratf-ck another MRE. No one is making it back for dinner chow (via Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said).
9. Everyone in their reenlistment window, remember that rapidly expanding the military requires lots of people and that means it’s a re-enlistee’s market (via Coast Guard Memes).
10. Huh. Guess I should change out of my Converse before I smoke this dude (via Decelerate Your Life).
11. This gets dark quickly (via Military Memes).
12. Seriously, guys, it’s not that bad out here (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
13. These missiles got attitude with altitude and they don’t need a plane to complete them.
How the 65-year old B-52 Stratofortress just keeps getting better with age
When you add modern computers and tinker with the bomb bay, it turns out the the B-52 can kill more targets.
This Swedish fighter was decades ahead of its time
Its best-known combat was in the service of a fictional drug cartel in the movie "Fire Birds." But in the Cold War, the Draken was truly ahead of its time.
This is how Hanoi reacted to the epic Ken Burns 'Vietnam War' documentary series
Ken Burns' "Vietnam War" was released to relatively little noise in Vietnam. Here's a look at what audiences there had to say.
7 epic songs that prove 'Call of Duty' knows how to lay down tracks
Video game music has improved a lot since 8-bit days. A lot.
The Army is looking for ways to keep generals from misbehaving
Struggling with behavior problems among senior officers, the Army is putting together new mental health, counseling, and career management programs.
These are the heroics that earned this EOD Petty Officer a Silver Star
Vice Chief of Naval Operations, Adm. Bill Moran, recognized EOD 1st Class Thomas for his conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action against the enemy.
This why the national anthem is played before sporting events
In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson ordered that the "The Star-Spangled Banner" be played at all military ceremonies and other various occasions.
The Navy wants this drone to extend its fighter range beyond 1k miles
The Navy is exploring how to use unmanned aircraft to extend the range of fighter jets by 1,000 miles. The concept, at this time, is called the MQ-25 Stingray.
How the Pentagon plans to spend $700M to drop drones
ISIS has been using drones to drop bombs on Iraq Security Forces, and the Department of Defense is looking for a better defense against them.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles