13 funniest military memes for the week of July 28
North Korea launched a new ballistic missile this morning, so get these memes downloaded before we’re all living the real-world version of Fallout 4.
(By “all,” I clearly mean about four cities on the West Coast. It’s still just North Korea.)
13. “That stripper at the last bar was totally into me!” (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting)
12. Come on, what’s 10 miles with 700 feet of altitude gain among friends? (via Team Non-Rec)
11. Look, the height of a cot makes a minimal difference in how likely you are to catch shrapnel (via The Salty Soldier).
10. Just keep marching, everyone. You’ll reach the end of the rain (via Sh-t my LPO says).
9. Sure, it was autocorrect, not a Freudian slip (via Decelerate Your Life).
8. No idea what a 1.5-mile run tests for in a Navy that’s longest ship is 1,106 feet long anyway (via Decelerate Your Life).
7. The preparatory drills have never looked so fabulous (via The Salty Soldier).
6. You should know better than to speak normally to a guy wearing a Darth Vadar mask and respirator (via Sh-t my LPO says).
5. Chris Morris comes in off the ropes with some epic trolling (via Coast Guard Memes).
4. Only 1,442 days left to that DD-214 life (via Decelerate Your Life).
3. Be polite during handover; it’s only a Gatsby party for the one leaving duty (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
2. This goes for all junior NCO ranks across the branches (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
1. Maybe some tweaks to the supply chain and training are in order? (via Coast Guard Memes)
These are the military traditions for deployed troops celebrating Thanksgiving
While you're deployed, weekends aren't really a thing — neither are most holidays. Thanksgiving, however, is a moment when the military slows down.
Forget multitasking, this Navy squadron has only one mission — rescue people
The Navy has an entire squadron for search and rescue, and it is the only squadron in the Navy that has an advance life-support helicopter platform.
How the Coast Guard intercepts half a million pounds of cocaine
For the last couple decades, the Coast Guard has pushed out further, taking more aggressive stabs at the flow of drugs that make their way into the U.S.
More remains of Special Forces soldier found in Niger
The Department of Defense announced that military investigators found additional remains that they have positively ID'd as Sgt. La David T. Johnson.
'Butcher of of Bosnia' sentenced to life in prison for genocide
"The Butcher of Bosnia" was handed a life sentence on November 22nd, 2017, for war crimes and the slaughter of 8,000 men and young children.
New engravings on the USMC War Memorial honor Iraq and Afghanistan Marines
On Nov. 22, the U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial was updated to include Afghanistan and Iraq in the list of campaigns that runs along the memorial's base.
ISIS may focus on a virtual caliphate after losing real-world war
As the Islamic State loses the in real life war they've waged against the world, they've moved their game online- waging war in the virtual world.
Everything you need to know about Zimbabwe's ousted dictator
The dictator of Zimbabwe announced his resignation on Nov. 21, 2017 after the county's army took of the capital and family, forcing the resignation.
Watch this Marine get pinned by his 3-year-old son
Watch this adorable little boy steal into the hearts of all the Marines and civilians present as he promotes his dad and pins on his promoted rank.