13 funniest military memes for the week of July 7
Shake off that hangover from the four-day weekend, everyone. There’s a normal weekend coming up and we can’t just neglect these parties because last week’s were too epic.
Slam a case of Rip-Its, get some giggles from these military memes, and treat your safety brief like a To-Do list.
1. Play that funky music, white boy (via Funker530).
2. Might keep the other branches from knowing what you’re eating …
(via Weapons of Meme Destruction)
3. Everyone wants to be an operator until it’s time to do trauma surgery (via Weapons of Meme Destruction).
4. Bet she gets selected for all the good details. And the bad ones.
5. Oooh, if they get really mad, they’ll start comparing commissioning dates (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
6. One is a surgeon, the other a butcher (via Valhalla Wear).
7. Doesn’t matter which branch you join (via Decelerate Your Life).
8. Upon further reflection, maybe too few recruits isn’t the worst problem (via ASMDSS).
9. For that much money, I’ll become a pilot (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
10. No one will know (via Shit my LPO says).
11. Oh, you thought you might see your family before you leave for a year or more?
(via Decelerate Your Life)
12. The difference between “sick call” and “calling in sick” is wider than most civilians think (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
13. Powerpoint Ranger, Powerpoint Ranger, where have you been?
(via Military World)
The first home-built Japanese supersonic fighter was a ship-killer
The Mitsubishi F-1 was designed to carry out the maritime strike mission, but also could carry AIM-9 Sidewinders.
This is why Bowe Bergdahl says he plead guilty
US Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, held captive by the Taliban for five years after walking off his post in Afghanistan, is expected to plead guilty.
Say hello to America's newest 40mm grenade machine gun
The Mk-47 Mod 0 Advanced Grenade Launcher takes the auto 40 mike-mike to a whole new level.
10 craptastic Halloween costumes completely out of regulations
It's that time of year again! Halloween parties are being planned and folks who wouldn't hack it in the real military pick up cheap ass costumes.
This is how one man tried to end slavery all by himself
John Brown believed in American freedom but didn't trust democracy to guarantee it for all. His failed slave revolt was the opening salvo of the Civil War.
This is what happened to the soldiers from the 'Hurt Locker'
Many people have wondered what happened to the "Hurt Locker" troops after they returned home from deployment. Here's what our fictional investigators found.
This is the French missile that can wipe out a city
The M51 can carry six 100-kiloton TN-75 warheads and wipe out a city the size of Los Angeles.
How advisors could win the war in Afghanistan instead of combat troops
US military troops in Afghanistan have begun working with smaller Afghan units to prepare them for an aggressive offensive against the Taliban next year.
How earthquakes keep shaking up North Korea's nuclear test site
Experts think the four quakes probably happened because the underground nuclear test on Sept. 3 weakened or affected the tectonic plate structures in the area.