13 funniest military memes for the week of June 23
We found a bunch of military memes that made us laugh, then we whittled it down to our 13 favorites, and then we tried to become the invisible man, which didn’t work.
And so you should look at these memes.
1. One of the worst bits of news you can wake up to (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
2. It’s an endurance race, and you can’t possibly win (via Valhalla Wear).
3. Awesome burn, Marines (via Team Non-Rec).
4. Somebody won at every round of “Nose Goes” as a kid (via Shit my LPO says).
5. Come on, what’s an oil change more or less between friends? (via Military Memes)
6. This is why the Army should bring back specialist 5-9 (via Military Nations).
7. You’re gonna shoot down U.S. planes, huh? (via Decelerate Your Life)
8. He is the one. He is the E4 Mafia Don (via Shit my LPO says).
9. Drill sergeants are experts in keeping everything in perspective (via The Salty Soldier).
10. The real invisible man was the only known case of a chief warrant officer 6 (via Weapons of Meme Destruction).
11. Unfortunately, you’re about to see everything 730 more times, Thomas (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
12. In the real world, it’s suppressive fire and you still hope to kill someone, or it’s targeted shots and killing them is the entire point (via Valhalla Wear).
13. Some even prefer it that way (via Weapons of Meme Destruction).
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.
The war between the US Army and Magpul is heating up over ice
Magpul officials are calling foul on the Army's claim that its rifle magazines don't work in the cold — and they say they can prove it.