13 Funniest military memes for the week of March 10
It was a hectic week, what with revelations that Rangers are in Syria, radioactive boars in Japan, and as-holes taking nude photos everywhere.
For a quick break from the insanity, check out these 13 funny military memes.
1. Sorry, first sergeant, we’re all busy looking for hiding spots (via Military Memes).
2. You were my boss and an as-hole. Look elsewhere for buddies (via Pop smoke).
3. Coast Guard is going to be looking for a lot of lifehacks in the next few years (via Coast Guard Memes).
4. The coveted “pace and distance” profile protects from all formation runs (via Lost in the Sauce).
5. Why are the machines doing all the heavy work?
(via Maintainer Nation)
6. Aging pretty well for a Devil Dog (via Imgflip).
7. The only bad thing about this is the red, mirrored sunglasses (via Coast Guard Memes).
8. Yeah, but earning compensation days is rarely worth it (via Air Force Nation).
9. Army logic isn’t logic (via U.S Army W.T.F! moments).
10. But if you can’t do your guard shifts, you can’t keep your fire watch ribbon (via The Salty Soldier).
11. If you had brought a dang-ole bayonet, you might be able to fight your way out of this (via Pop smoke).
12. Just remember: On V-A day, everything hurts (via The Salty Soldier).
13. Pretty sure that “missing specialist” just faked his death for an early discharge and huge life insurance payout (via The Salty Soldier).
This is how missing or captured troops get promoted
According to the Department of Defense, prisoners of war and those under missing status continue to be considered for promotion along with their contemporaries.
6 reasons Charleston might be America's most gung-ho military city
From Charles Towne Landing to the Medal of Honor Museum, go grab a pint where George Washington drank and read about the military legacy of South Carolina's Atlantic jewel.
This is how long South Korea thinks it will take to conquer the North
South Korea says they are developing new plans to defend against advancing North Korean threats after a data breach left their outdated plans vulnerable.
This stunning video shows how well 100-year-old ammo works today
While original 1911 pistols surely still function today, turns out so does the ammo from that era.
This could be the Army's next rifle — and it's totally awesome
Textron debuted its newest rifle, the Intermediate Case-Telescoped Carbine, at AUSA. It's lighter and more deadly than the current M4.
16 jokes Germans could die for telling under the Nazi regime
The Nazi Party was well short of a majority when it came to power. So it's easy to believe that not everyone was a big fan of Hitler or his ideas.
These really smart people say bigger is better when it comes to building aircraft carriers
In an effort to reduce its fiscal footprint, the Navy is looking at making smaller ships. But these defense researchers say it's a terrible idea.
Now that ISIS is on the ropes, these guys have turned the guns on each other
Two US allies, which were armed and trained by US forces, have turned their weapons on each other, and there isn't much the US can do about it.
This is the definitive history of the world's most advanced fighter jet
The new F-22A Raptor fighter jet is the most advance fighter jet in the world, and it dominates on every level imaginable.