13 funniest military memes for the week of March 17
Funny military memes are like little morale pellets to keep everyone going throughout the year. And if your week was anything like ours, you could probably use some quick morale.
So here are 13 funny military memes to make your barracks and field exercises survivable for another week:
1. That fire team is definitely going to have some AAR notes (via The Salty Soldier).
2. Don’t make fun of your Uber driver if he’s the only one in town (via Sh-t my LPO says).
3. Fort Drum is like Narnia under the White Witch. Always winter, never Christmas (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
4. “I just want to address the speeding off base that’s been happening the last few weeks.”
(via The Salty Soldier)
5. Marines really are the sum of their stereotypes (via Decelerate Your Life).
6. Yeah, it’s basically balmy out here, chief (via Coast Guard Memes).
7. When the recruiting ads and the service reality collide (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
8. Seaman Corgi is going to have a bad, bad day (via Sh-t my LPO says).
9. Why have scouts go ahead of the vehicle if you’re not going to listen to their reports?
(via Pop smoke)
10. This is me talking to my younger self (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
11. “Let me just say, I wasn’t at that bar. I wasn’t with those guys. And I didn’t do any of those things.”
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
12. Marines double-tap and double-wrap (via Pop smoke).
13. Get Out!
(via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting)
This Halloween-themed bomb was as dumb as it sounds
Still a few years out from the Manhattan Project being completed, a dentist / mad scientist came up with a disastrous and inhumane plan — the "bat bomb."
These are the contenders flying off to replace the A-10
Four planes are flying off for the chance to try to replace the beloved A-10 Thunderbolt. Here's how they hold up.
This was a major problem with the South Vietnamese army
"Be glad to trade you some ARVN rifles. Ain't never been fired and only dropped once." — Cowboy from "Full Metal Jacket."
9 reasons why you should have joined the Army instead
The only down side is knowing that when you get out, you will never be as cool as you were when you were doing "Hooah things" with your boys.
7 things all troops should know before becoming a sniper
With Hollywood tapping into the sniper lifestyle with films like "American Sniper," many young troops get a misconception what it's like to be one.
The first home-built Japanese supersonic fighter was a ship-killer
The Mitsubishi F-1 was designed to carry out the maritime strike mission, but also could carry AIM-9 Sidewinders.
This is why Bowe Bergdahl says he plead guilty
US Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, held captive by the Taliban for five years after walking off his post in Afghanistan, is expected to plead guilty.
Say hello to America's newest 40mm grenade machine gun
The Mk-47 Mod 0 Advanced Grenade Launcher takes the auto 40 mike-mike to a whole new level.
10 craptastic Halloween costumes completely out of regulations
It's that time of year again! Halloween parties are being planned and folks who wouldn't hack it in the real military pick up cheap ass costumes.