13 funniest military memes for the week of May 19
Another week down, another flurry of military memes from the comedy blizzard that is the internet.
Here are 13 of the funniest we found:
1. Huh. Didn’t know “Queen of the Bees” was a new MOS (via Pop smoke).
2. Guess someone is rucking home (via Team Non-Rec).
3. Sure, you’ll look fabulous until that first splash of hot coolant or grease (via Sh-t my LPO says).
4. Pretty unfortunate fortune cookie (via Sh-t my LPO says).
5. It’s a rough gig. Ages you fast (via Sh-t My Recruiter Said).
6. Seriously, every briefing can be done without Powerpoint (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
7. Think the platoon sergeant will notice? (via Team Non-Rec)
8. God, Romphims took over the military pretty fast (via Weapons of Meme Destruction)
9. We’re all the same. Except for these as-holes (via Weapons of Meme Destruction).
10. It’s all fun and games until someone has to clean up (via Valhalla Wear).
11. Oh yeah? You completed selection and training but decided against the green beret? (via Decelerate Your Life)
12. “Headhunter 6? Never heard of her.” (via The Salty Soldier)
13. You poor, stupid bastard (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
America's top Pacific fleet commander is the latest casualty in ship collision crisis
In recent months, the Pacific Fleet saw two destroyers involved in collisions that left 17 sailors dead.
How the 65-year old B-52 Stratofortress just keeps getting better with age
When you add modern computers and tinker with the bomb bay, it turns out the the B-52 can kill more targets.
This Swedish fighter was decades ahead of its time
Its best-known combat was in the service of a fictional drug cartel in the movie "Fire Birds." But in the Cold War, the Draken was truly ahead of its time.
This is how Hanoi reacted to the epic Ken Burns 'Vietnam War' documentary series
Ken Burns' "Vietnam War" was released to relatively little noise in Vietnam. Here's a look at what audiences there had to say.
7 epic songs that prove 'Call of Duty' knows how to lay down tracks
Video game music has improved a lot since 8-bit days. A lot.
The Army is looking for ways to keep generals from misbehaving
Struggling with behavior problems among senior officers, the Army is putting together new mental health, counseling, and career management programs.
These are the heroics that earned this EOD Petty Officer a Silver Star
Vice Chief of Naval Operations, Adm. Bill Moran, recognized EOD 1st Class Thomas for his conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action against the enemy.
This why the national anthem is played before sporting events
In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson ordered that the "The Star-Spangled Banner" be played at all military ceremonies and other various occasions.
The Navy wants this drone to extend its fighter range beyond 1k miles
The Navy is exploring how to use unmanned aircraft to extend the range of fighter jets by 1,000 miles. The concept, at this time, is called the MQ-25 Stingray.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles