13 funniest military memes for the week of May 26
The week is over, but this memes list is just getting started. Here are 13 of the best times that words were paired with a picture on the internet this week:
1. 50 feet after they step off, the airmen are dropping like flies (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
2. The groin protectors help a little, but you’re still boned (via Military World).
3. To be fair, this is pretty exciting (via Team Non-Rec).
4. If you get it, you get it (via The Salty Soldier).
5. You seem to have a leak that has covered 70 percent of the Earth’s surface (via Decelerate Your Life).
6. It just can’t wait to get some more lifting in, make those gains (via Air Force Nation).
7. That’s one shiny bag of trash you got there (via Coast Guard Memes).
8. Might be wishing for too much (via Decelerate Your Life).
9. To all the people who still aren’t master chiefs, sorry (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
10. Ummmm… can I opt for the cash instead? (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting)
11. They were as-holes, but jumping in with machine guns and bicycles is still pretty cool (via Military World).
12. You were supposed to do the survey long before the intranet existed (via Shit my LPO says).
13. Army tuition assistance didn’t make it into the new budget proposals (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
But you can buy a Little Golden Book for like, three bucks.
This is the real reason John McCain's Liberty Medal speech was so epic
When US media focused on a jab at President Trump, they missed the parting thoughts of a veteran and public servant of more than 60 years.
This little bot can take a lickin' and keep on tickin' for troops on assault
Weighing a little over five pounds, the FirstLook can handle being thrown into a hostile environment.
This is one of the deadliest kamikaze attacks caught on film
Japanese kamikaze pilots struck fear in the hearts of allied troops as they conducted choreographed nose-dives right into U.S. warships during WWII.
This is what it was like fighting alongside Afghan troops
In nearly every war in which America has taken part, troops have had to work alongside local forces who aren't always very motivated to fight.
This is how AC/DC helped save a POW in Mogadishu
The ending of "Black Hawk Down" was just slightly different than Ridley Scott showed. It was a moment former POW Mike Durant would never forget.
Russia is buying more of these 'Fullback' fighter jets — and they're pretty impressive
The Russian Ministry of Defense says it just got four more SU-34 bombers, and they're impressive AF. We have the details and video for you here.
More than 100 killed in Taliban attacks across Afghanistan
The Afghan Defense Ministry is reporting over 100 Afghan deaths in October. The Taliban killed Afghan police officers and soldiers, and civilians.
The US Navy just launched an effort to built this is the super-stealthy submarine
The USS South Dakota — a Block-III Virginia Class attack submarine — has officially been christened. We have the details and how it compares to its peers.
This is how the War of Independence was won in the trenches
In order to beat the British at Yorktown, Gen. George Washington had to summon his inner groundhog and convince the French to soil their pretty hands.