13 funniest military memes for the week of Oct. 14
All the best military memes, distilled down to these 13 funniest.
1. Hey, a lightning strike would probably get you a decent profile for a few days, as well (via The Salty Soldier).
2. Spraying each other with the hose isn’t funny when the pressure could tear a hole in the MOPP gear (via Military Memes).
3. Why no American allies like American MREs:
(via Australian Warfighters)
4. $15 isn’t bad for custom food in the field (via Military Memes).
5. “Sir, we’re definitely walking in circles. That guy who keeps turning around ahead of us? That’s our rear security.”
(via Military Memes)
6. Gotta keep those buoys Semper Paratus:
(via Coast Guard Memes)
7. You’ll never escape. There aren’t even any discharge papers in that maze (via Military Memes).
8. “Wouldn’t it be great if there were an animal patrolling with us whose primary skill is puking hairballs and showing off its butt?”
(via Military Memes)
9. Everyone’s greatest hope during firewatch is that the drill instructor would talk to the other guard (via Team Non-Rec).
10. He’s going to spend hours pointing out everything you did wrong (via The Salty Soldier).
11. Soldiers will make fun of you for being weak and coddled …
(via The Salty Soldier)
12. The best part is that first formation isn’t until 0500 (via The Salty Soldier).
13. Just. Make. It. Stop. (via The Salty Soldier)
A Vietnam veteran returned a library book after 52 years
A Marine deployed to a recon battalion in Vietnam wanted a perspective on the locals. So he checked a book out from the base library... for half a century.
This musician made a music video with the SEAL who killed bin Laden
Tim Montana is a musician with a “rip-roaring, swamp’rockin’ vibe” — and he’s just getting started. The coolest thing about him? He loves helping vets.
This is what the Army's 'Iron Men of Metz' and Attila the Hun have in common
The Iron Men of Metz did what only Attila the Hun could do some 1,500 years before: capture the heavily fortified city of Metz and force the enemy out.
5 terribly hilarious gifts to scuff up a basic trainee
Why not show that you truly care about your young recruit by also helping their trainers mess with them? Get in on the fun! Be creative.
The MARSOC driving course is not like your typical day at the DMV
These Marines continuously train to keep their skills sharp and take pride in being the best at all ends of the spectrum — including tactical driving.
7 more phrases old school veterans can't stop saying — and we love it
We love our old-school veterans that don't have a problem speaking their minds. They have some humorous sayings that we still use to this day.
This Army nurse's epic fight for a memorial for women Vietnam veterans
Some 11,000 women served in Vietnam, many as nurses and many under hostile fire. They had to fight to have their memorial built on the National Mall.
5 tips to prepare potential boots to join the military
No matter which branch you're thinking of joining, these mental and physical tips will help you be ready for when you're staring at a smoky bear hat.
6 reasons the Air Force wants to get its hands on Russian DNA
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to a Russian, Air Force wants to get his genome.