The 13 funniest military memes of the week
It’s memes day!
And do you have memes you want to see included next week? Hit us up on Facebook.
1. “Billy Mays here for the full metal jacket!” (via Sh-t My LPO Says)
2. Should’ve studied (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
3. You have your chain of command, the NCO support channel … (via Air Force Memes and Humor)
4. Junior enlisted can’t get no respect (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
5. When you’ve spend just a little too much time at home (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
6. A clean ship is a safe ship (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
7. “Mom, really, I love you. It’s just …” (Via Out Of Regs)
8. See? This is why you’re supposed to leave the post after you retire (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
9. Sure. It’s funny when he shows up at berthing with all those tacos (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
10. Purell. Nearly as good as inspections at keeping recruits awake (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
11. They’re going to take on a lot of water when they pull out of port.
12. How about a date with democracy?
13. No matter how many times you tell them, this still happens.
A Vietnam veteran returned a library book after 52 years
A Marine deployed to a recon battalion in Vietnam wanted a perspective on the locals. So he checked a book out from the base library... for half a century.
This musician made a music video with the SEAL who killed bin Laden
Tim Montana is a musician with a “rip-roaring, swamp’rockin’ vibe” — and he’s just getting started. The coolest thing about him? He loves helping vets.
This is what the Army's 'Iron Men of Metz' and Attila the Hun have in common
The Iron Men of Metz did what only Attila the Hun could do some 1,500 years before: capture the heavily fortified city of Metz and force the enemy out.
5 terribly hilarious gifts to scuff up a basic trainee
Why not show that you truly care about your young recruit by also helping their trainers mess with them? Get in on the fun! Be creative.
The MARSOC driving course is not like your typical day at the DMV
These Marines continuously train to keep their skills sharp and take pride in being the best at all ends of the spectrum — including tactical driving.
7 more phrases old school veterans can't stop saying — and we love it
We love our old-school veterans that don't have a problem speaking their minds. They have some humorous sayings that we still use to this day.
This Army nurse's epic fight for a memorial for women Vietnam veterans
Some 11,000 women served in Vietnam, many as nurses and many under hostile fire. They had to fight to have their memorial built on the National Mall.
5 tips to prepare potential boots to join the military
No matter which branch you're thinking of joining, these mental and physical tips will help you be ready for when you're staring at a smoky bear hat.
6 reasons the Air Force wants to get its hands on Russian DNA
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to a Russian, Air Force wants to get his genome.