13 of the funniest military memes for the week of July 14
It’s a long week back after that July 4th hangover. And then some of us have to pick up the other guy’s slack when he goes off to drill.
Good thing military memes always have the watch.
1. We’re still the best. (via ASMDSS)
2. There are a lot of new ideas floating around DoD.
3. But some things never change.
4. The CS has been watching a lot of Food Network.
5. Because Navy PT standards might be taking a beating (via The Salty Sailor)
6. Airmen have a special diet while away from their duty station.
7. Because special duties can be stressful.
8. Even the Army has trouble helping out Marine Corps NCOs.
9. But all NCOs run on the same operating system.
10. At least this weekend we can even look forward to Sunday night.
11. And maybe forget about that upcoming deployment.
12. The ghosts of cadence past can come back to haunt us.
13. Who’s got the best callsign in the Air Force?
This is how missing or captured troops get promoted
According to the Department of Defense, prisoners of war and those under missing status continue to be considered for promotion along with their contemporaries.
6 reasons Charleston might be America's most gung-ho military city
From Charles Towne Landing to the Medal of Honor Museum, go grab a pint where George Washington drank and read about the military legacy of South Carolina's Atlantic jewel.
This is how long South Korea thinks it will take to conquer the North
South Korea says they are developing new plans to defend against advancing North Korean threats after a data breach left their outdated plans vulnerable.
This stunning video shows how well 100-year-old ammo works today
While original 1911 pistols surely still function today, turns out so does the ammo from that era.
This could be the Army's next rifle — and it's totally awesome
Textron debuted its newest rifle, the Intermediate Case-Telescoped Carbine, at AUSA. It's lighter and more deadly than the current M4.
16 jokes Germans could die for telling under the Nazi regime
The Nazi Party was well short of a majority when it came to power. So it's easy to believe that not everyone was a big fan of Hitler or his ideas.
These really smart people say bigger is better when it comes to building aircraft carriers
In an effort to reduce its fiscal footprint, the Navy is looking at making smaller ships. But these defense researchers say it's a terrible idea.
Now that ISIS is on the ropes, these guys have turned the guns on each other
Two US allies, which were armed and trained by US forces, have turned their weapons on each other, and there isn't much the US can do about it.
This is the definitive history of the world's most advanced fighter jet
The new F-22A Raptor fighter jet is the most advance fighter jet in the world, and it dominates on every level imaginable.