17 images that show why going to the armory sucks
Checking out your weapon from the armory can be like standing in line at the DMV — it’s the worst game of hurry up and wait ever.
You were instructed to show up bright and early to check out your weapon, but the armorers never seemed to be there on time.
But once you received your rifle, life seemed to finally make sense now that you get to shoot something up. After an amazing day at the range, you now have the problem of cleaning the rifle so well the Marines working at the armory will take it back on your first pass.
If not you’ll stay and clean all evening long because the armors usually stand a 24-hour duty.
So check out how your day typically went after you checked out your rifle from the armory.
1. When you’re told to be on time at the armory but the gate is locked.
2. After 20 minutes of ringing the bell and a few Starbucks espresso shots — you finally gain entry.
3. When the armorer’s window finally opens for the first time after waiting what felt like an eternity.
4. The look you give when the armorer when he asks you for the weapon’s serial number but all the caffeine you drank pulled all the blood out of your brain. Good thing you brought your weapons card with you.
5. Then when you get your beautiful and perfectly oiled rifle from the armor.
6. How you felt running to the range to take your stress out on a few already destroyed armored vehicles.
7. How you felt after putting hundreds of rounds accurately down range.
8. After the adrenaline goes away, you realized it’s already 1700, you still need to clean out all the carbon that’s built up, and you have a date in a few hours.
9. This is how fast you ran back to the armory.
10. You scrubbed your weapon in record time.
11. But the armorer used his dirty finger and rejected taking the rifle back into storage.
12. Then you yelled …
13. You then began angrily scrubbing your rifle.
14. Then you noticed the other platoons going home for the day and you’re still stuck here.
15. After your arm gets tired, the perfect idea pops into your head.
16. When you walk up to the armorer’s window and you clearly put $10 inside the weapon’s ejection port.
17. It worked!
This is how you fight when the waters are rising
Underwater, all the fitness in the world won't save you if you can't keep your head. But dying is dumb. Time to summon a little amphibian ambition.
One session with this trainer will make you assume the fetal position
Water Survival is so badass it's gonna take Max two episodes to get you ready to face it. This is Part 1, where he makes you feel bad about yourself.
This is what happens when a troll runs the obstacle course
Its job is to put one problem after another directly in your way. It's the o-course and your job is to run it before time runs out. Enter Max.
Our trainer will make you a leopard
There’s your enemy, right over there. And he doesn’t see you. Gotta get in him in range though. And that puts you in range. Time to get creepy.
This is what happens when you swap your workout for PT
Once upon a time you were physically fit. It was a grind, but you did it, because there was a test at the end. Good news. It's test time again.
This is how to see if you would have been drafted for Vietnam
Numbers were randomly assigned to birthdays across a given year. The lowest numbers were picked first. Would you have been drafted to go to Vietnam?
4 fictional countries America should invade
It's amazing how many movies and TV shows see countries messing with America without any repercussions. It's time for that trend to stop.
This is the laser that will take out enemy drones
This little 30 kilowatt laser packs such a mighty punch that Lockheed Martin has named her after the goddess of war: ATHENA.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles