6 reasons to fear the knife-hand
The “knife-hand” is the multi-tool gesture of the military. Actually, you can think of it as a Swiss army knife – pun intended.
The knife-hand is used in a plethora of ways ranging from administrative to instructional and even to gauge anger, according to Terminal Lance creator Maximilian Uriarte. “Never, anywhere in the Marine Corps, have I ever seen the knife-hand so flagrantly used. I always took note, however, that the higher the knife-hand is on the drill instructor, the more pissed off he is.”
Perhaps the reason the knife-hand commands so much attention is because they’re deadly, according to Duffel Blog. Here are six videos showing knife-hand devastation:
1. A Marine demonstrates the knife hand knockout on his curious buddy.
2. Another Marine nearly hits the deck after a knife hand attack.
3. This guy takes two hits but is still able to walk.
4. It’s a good way to stop friends’ annoying shenanigans (if you know what you’re doing).
5. This nice couple practices their knife hands in front of their kids.