6 times you played dumb while serving in the military
For the most part, we’ve all pretended to play dumb to have a positive impact on our workday or to get out of something we didn’t want to do.
For sure, we didn’t do it to screw anybody else over. But there are just a few moments in all the years we served that we managed to pull off a small scheme to get out of a sticky situation.
So check out a few ways veterans have played dumb to get themselves out of a negative situation.
1. That time you pretended to be incompetent because don’t want to get assigned extra duty on the weekend.
2. That time you pretended to get “lost” on a stateside company movement because you were in no hurry to get there.
3. When you were a boot, and you fumbled with operating a piece of equipment because you don’t want to use or carry the damn thing.
4. That time you told the roving duty you didn’t see sh*t to cover up for one of your brothers or sisters.
5. That time you got busted for having something in your barracks room, and you claimed to have never seen it before.
6. After you arrived late to formation, but you blamed your tardiness on your alarm clock. “I swear I set it, gunny.”
How did you play dumb during your service? Comment below.
This little bot can take a lickin' and keep on tickin' for troops on assault
Weighing a little over five pounds, the FirstLook can handle being thrown into a hostile environment.
This is one of the deadliest kamikaze attacks caught on film
Japanese kamikaze pilots struck fear in the hearts of allied troops as they conducted choreographed nose-dives right into U.S. warships during WWII.
This is what it was like fighting alongside Afghan troops
In nearly every war in which America has taken part, troops have had to work alongside local forces who aren't always very motivated to fight.
This is how AC/DC helped save a POW in Mogadishu
The ending of "Black Hawk Down" was just slightly different than Ridley Scott showed. It was a moment former POW Mike Durant would never forget.
Russia is buying more of these 'Fullback' fighter jets — and they're pretty impressive
The Russian Ministry of Defense says it just got four more SU-34 bombers, and they're impressive AF. We have the details and video for you here.
More than 100 killed in Taliban attacks across Afghanistan
The Afghan Defense Ministry is reporting over 100 Afghan deaths in October. The Taliban killed Afghan police officers and soldiers, and civilians.
The US Navy just launched an effort to built this is the super-stealthy submarine
The USS South Dakota — a Block-III Virginia Class attack submarine — has officially been christened. We have the details and how it compares to its peers.
This is how the War of Independence was won in the trenches
In order to beat the British at Yorktown, Gen. George Washington had to summon his inner groundhog and convince the French to soil their pretty hands.
This .50 cal machine gun fires twice as fast as the legendary Ma Deuce
The new Gatling-style GAU-19/B can send 1,300 rounds a minute downrange.