A US Navy Blue Angels jet has crashed in Tennessee
A US Blue Angels jet has crashed in Smyrna, Tennessee.
According to local ABC affiliate WKRN, citing the fire chief of the neighboring town of La Vergne, the crash took place around 3pm local time. The Blue Angels were scheduled to perform in Tennessee this weekend.
The Blue Angels are the US Navy’s flight demonstration team. Aviators in the Blue Angels come from both the Navy and the Marines and fly F/A-18 Hornets.
The crash of a Blue Angel comes on the same day that a US Air Force Thunderbird also crashed after completing a flyover at the US Air Force Academy commencement.
- Texas is grappling with a wave of package bombings — here's what's happened so far
- A Royal Air Force engineer has died after a Red Arrow jet crashed in Wales
- China's growing submarine force is 'armed to the teeth' — and the rest of the Pacific is racing to keep up
- Trump showed off Saudi Arabia's massive US military buys in giant charts — here's everything that's on them
- A package exploded at a Texas FedEx, and authorities think it's likely linked to a spate of Austin bombings