Air Force fighter crashes near D.C.
An Air Force F-16C jet has crashed just outside of Washington, D.C.
The aircraft went down in Clinton, Maryland, on Wednesday at about 9:15 a.m. after the pilot was seen ejecting, WJLA reported.
Officials said the pilot ejected safely and sustained non-life threatening injuries.
It was flying a routine training mission when it went down roughly six miles from Andrews.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Video shows Houthi rebels in Yemen using a jury-rigged Russian fighter jet missile to take on an F-15
- This is the huge M777 howitzer that US Marines burned out while fighting ISIS in Syria
- Trump's new pick for national security adviser really wants to bomb North Korea
- Trump is now more confident, unleashed to do what he wants — and it looks like war on all fronts
- People are freaking out after John Bolton was picked to become Trump's national security adviser