Here's a list of minor league baseball teams offering major military discounts this season
Pin this to your refrigerator for summer fun planning, military families.
Summer means baseball action, and many minor league baseball teams across the country are making an effort to honor those who serve the nation. Here’s the WATM list of minor league baseball Military Appreciation games:
*Scroll all the way down to view list of teams with season-long discounts.
- Fort Myers Miracle – Free pre-game picnic for veterans and their guests (up to 100 attendees). Pre-game ceremony for veterans. Veterans and active military personnel admitted free of charge for all games.
- Lakeland Flying Tiers – Free admission to all veterans and one (1) guest. The event features honoring veterans and local recruits, a JROTC Pass and Review, welcome home soldier ceremonies and much more.
- St. Lucie Mets – They will wear custom military appreciation jerseys, which will be auctioned off during the game. The local Vietnam Veterans Chapter 566 will be selling tickets, and a portion of those ticket sales will go to the Health and Welfare fund of the VVA. Military receives a $4 discount for all games.
- Hickory Crawdads – Salute to Troops Night offering free parking for military. Two free tickets for military members and one (1) guest for all games.
- Salt Lake Bees – Free admission to all military members and ½ price tickets for their families.
- South Bend Cubs – May 29th & May 30th: Any former or current military member will receive 2 free tickets to either game with proof of service.
- Biloxi Shuckers – Discount to all active and retired military personnel and their families in the box level and the reserved level seating locations.
- Louisville Bats – Free admission to all active duty, reserve, guard and family members with valid ID. Tickets may be obtained in advance or the day of the game at the Louisville Slugger Field box office. Free admission to all veterans – VFW, DAV, AMVETS, American Legion, Ladies Auxiliary and all other veterans with ID or DD Form 214.
- West Michigan Whitecaps – Dog Tag Giveaway to first 1,000 through the gate.
- Indianapolis Indians – Ticket Discount: $1 off advanced ticket price, $3 off day-of ticket price. Players will wear specialty camouflage jerseys that will be auctioned off postgame. Auction proceeds to benefit WGU Scholarships Fund for Indiana National Guard members.
- Quad Cities River Bandits – All active military, reservists, guardsmen
and veterans get in for free. Military Tuesdays: $1 Bleacher tickets for all military and up to four (4) guests.
- Reno Aces – Military Appreciation Night
- Carolina Mudcats – June 10th-12th – $5 tickets for military personnel and their family with proper military ID. Cammo hat giveaway to the first 1,200 guests who are 15 and older.
- Tacoma Rainiers – Free tickets for military personnel.
- The Lakewood BlueClaws $8 tickets for military personnel (active and veteran).
- Toledo Mud Hens – Military families will receive free tickets to this game.
- Bowie Baysox – Fort Meade Appreciation Night. Free tickets to military personnel at Fort Meade. Military discount $2 off general admission and $3 off reserved seat tickets for every home game during the season. Additional Military Appreciation nights: June 22, July 6, August 10, September 3 – show current or past proof of service to receive half price ($8) box seat ticket.
- Columbia Fireflies – Salute to Armed Forces Night with Postgame fireworks
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers – Free admission for all military personnel (active and veteran). Pregame performance. First 1,000 fans will receive a Khris Davis bobblehead.
- Palm Beach Cardinals $3 discount for family members of active and retired military. Veterans and active military personnel with valid military ID are admitted free of charge for all games.
- Tampa Yankees – Free admission for all military personnel. Active and retired military receive a free upper reserved ticket with valid ID on all Saturday home games.
- Indianapolis Indians – Ticket Discount: $1 off advanced ticket price, $3 off day-of ticket price. Indians to wear specialty Stars & Stripes jerseys that will be auctioned off postgame. Auction proceeds to benefit Indiana National Guard relief fund.
- Mahoning Valley Scrappers – First 1,000 fans through the gate will receive a Military Hero Card Set.
- Salem-Keizer Volcanoes – Military personnel honored on the field will receive complimentary box seats for them and their family.
- Lowell Spinners – Vietnam Veterans Night. July 28th – Military Night/Camo Jersey Giveaway first 1,000 fans. All active/retired military and their families receive free standing room tickets to any Spinners home game with valid military ID.
- Midland RockHounds – Military members can redeem a voucher for a free picnic for 4 people. Military members receive $1 reserved seats on all normal game days.
- Princeton Rays – Dedication of Military Honor Seat at H.P. Hunnicutt Field. Free tickets for active duty and retired military and $4 tickets for up to four additional tickets for family/friends.
- Durham Bulls – Military Appreciation Night. Active duty military receive free admission for all normal Durham Bulls games.
- Visalia Rawhide – Free GA ticket with Military ID/uniform.
- Missoula Osprey – and July 25th. $5 reserved tickets for all active & retired military personnel with valid military ID.
- Vermont Lake Monsters – Free tickets for active and retired military and their families along with Digital Camo and $5 Dunkin Donuts gift cards. Free tickets available to first 40 military members at each home game.
- New Orleans Zephyrs – $5 ticket with presentation of ID for active or retired military. No cap on tickets purchased.
- Rochester Red Wings – Free admission to military personnel with valid ID. Custom game-worn jerseys are auctioned off to benefit Children of Fallen Soldiers Foundation.
- West Virginia Black Bears – Military Night. $1 off tickets for military active and retired.
- Lansing Lugnuts – Salute to Service Night.
- The Pulaski Yankees – Free family 4-pack (General Admission) for any veteran or active member with valid military ID.
- Richmond Flying Squirrels – Camo hat giveaway and post-game fireworks. Discounts available for local military groups and support organizations.
- Bowie Baysox – Navy Night Navy USNA staff and other local naval personnel receive free tickts, Entire summer plebe class from the USNA in Annapolis attends the game.
- Connecticut Tigers – Baseball card set giveaway featuring nine local military heroes to the first 1,000 fans. Fans are encourage to nominate their military heroes.
- Idaho Falls Chukars – Military themed evening.
If you don’t see your favorite team – check their website.
These teams have season-long discounts and perks for military personnel with proper ID during the regular season:
Oklahoma City Dodgers – Seat upgrade options at no additional cost.
New Orleans Zephyrs – $1 off admission.
Potomac Nationals – $1 off tickets Monday-Saturday games and $2 off tickets on Sunday games.
Quad City Bandits – $1 off Bleacher tickets – limit 4 per military family.
Mississippi Braves – $7 ticket to sit at any level on Monday games. (Club, Home Plate, Dugout or Field). Excluding July 4th
Lake Elsinore Storm – 4 box tickets Sunday home games. $8 box seat tickets on all other games.
Visalia Rawhide – Discounted grand stand tickets – limited quanties. Half priced soda and beer.
Hudson Valley Renegades – Free admission on Tuesday night home games and $1 off family member tickets.
Iowa Cubs – $7 Grandstand tickets.
West Michigan Whitecaps – $5 reserved seats for Thursday night games.
Salem Red Sox – $1 off of ticket price on day of game.
Rochester Red Wings – $2 off admission for active military.
Columbia Fireflies – $2 off All-star or Reserved set.
St Lucie Mets – $4 off admission.
Palm Beach Cardinals – Free admission.
Tampa Yankees – Free upper reserved ticket.
Fort Myers Miracle – Free admission.
Hickory Crawdads – Free admission for two.
Greensboro Grasshoppers – $2 off all ticket prices.
Durham Bulls – Free admission to home and USA Baseball games at Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
Asheville Tourists – Various discounts. See website for details.
Vermont Lake Monsters – 40 free tickets military and immediate families – first come first serve.
Mahoning Valley Scrappers – Two (2) Free tickets on Wednesdays.
Bowie Baysox – $3 off GA tickets and $2 off reserved.
Northwest Arkansas Naturals – $1 off tickets purchased at ticket office.
Lumber Kings – $1 off General Admission.
Kane County Cougars – Free admission for military and immediate families. Show ID at ticket window.
Connecticut Tigers – $2 off tickets purchased at Box office.
Williamsport Crosscutters – Free admission on Monday nights.
Idaho Falls Chukars – $6 General admission.
Why the 'Butcher of Bosnia' faces a life sentence for war crimes
Ratko Mladic, a former Serbian general, will receive a verdict from the International Criminal Tribunal for war crimes he committed, to include genocide.
Russia swears a cloud of radioactive pollution is not a nuclear accident
A radioactive cloud is moving over parts of Europe, seemingly coming from Russia, reminiscent of the Chernobyl nuclear-power-plant disaster in 1986.
Taliban drug labs targeted by B-52 strikes overnight
American aircraft have targeted drug producing facilities in Afghanistan for the first time under a new strategy aimed at cutting off Taliban funding.
Why South Korea is building a unique missile interceptor
A missile system that could be used to target North Korea Scuds will cost Seoul more than $800 million to develop, a Seoul defense committee said.
SEALs honor the man who made the ‘frogmen’ possible
Last week, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel, a crowd gathered to commemorate the fateful event that gave rise to what would become the US Navy SEALs.
The 50 most violent cities in the world
Of the fifty cities on the list, forty-three are in Latin America, including nineteen in Brazil, eight in Mexico, and seven in Venezuela.
How the true story of Thanksgiving ended in a war
Just a generation after the famed Thanksgiving feast shared between pilgrims and Native Americans, the two groups were engaged in bloody battles.
The wounded North Korean defector is infected by an unknown parasite
The North Korean defector shot by his fellow soldiers has been found to be riddled with parasites his South Korean doctors have never seen.
North Korea's emerging free market threatens to topple the regime
Kim Jong Un's regime of dictatorship continues to be threatened as North Korea advances into the free market. Capitalism could be hero here.