This is how the Marines groom their top operators
An average of 11 months of grueling training and the mastery of seven weapons are just some of the hurdles to join the elite tier of the Corps’.
After serving three years as a Marine, MARSOC candidates arrive at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, in the best shape of their lives.
Some of the physical assessments include a 300 yard swim in cammies and a brutal 12-mile timed rucksack run carrying 45 pounds of gear.
Come along to MARSOC and see what the training is like.
MARSOC training begins with Phase One, a 10 week long course that focuses on basic skills that all operators will need to master.
These skills include general fitness …
… And significantly more advanced swimming skills.
All Marines must also master survival skills such as Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE) training and Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC).
After a successful completion of Phase One, Marines enter into 8 weeks of Small Unit Tactics in Phase Two.
This second phase involves small boat operations and information collection.
Urban and rural reconnaissance is also a focus of this phase.
After completion of Phase Two, successful Marines enter into 5 weeks of Close Quarters Battles training.
Phase Three focuses on the necessary martial skills that all MARSOC operators must master to survive during their missions.
This includes rifle and pistol marksmanship lessons …
… As well as learning the tactics and techniques required for successfully conducting raids on urban, rural, and maritime objects.
Phase Four is the final section of the course and lasts seven weeks.
This phase, dubbed Irregular Warfare, requires that Marines demonstrate a complete mastery of all preceding skills.
In the fourth phase, operators will pair with soldiers from a participating partner nation.
MARSOC operators are required to then train, advise, and successfully operate with the partner nation forces. MARSOC has operated in more than 40 countries.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles
- 100 years ago, the real-life Lawrence of Arabia authored a leadership pamphlet full of insights that are still useful today
- The US Navy is getting a 'game-changing' upgrade that could turn the tables on China and Russia
- A van plowed into dozens of people on a tourist-heavy street in Barcelona — suspect in custody, multiple fatalities reported
- These photos of the border between North and South Korea show just how disastrous a nuclear strike could be
- US kills 7 al Shabaab fighters in Somalia air strike
- The US-North Korean crisis will face a major test on Monday as Kim Jong Un holds his fire on Guam
Follow @BusinessInsider on Twitter .