15 GIFs that sum up your military experience
1. This military thing seems like an interesting idea.
2. Mom and dad: I’ve decided. I’m joining the military to serve this great nation.
3. I can’t wait to get to basic training and finally achieve my dream.
4. Oh no. These people are yelling at me and making me do push-ups.
5. I graduated and I’m in the best shape of my life!
6. Guaranteed pay on the 1st and the 15th, baby!
7. Good thing all of my medical needs are taken care of.
8. And I get to serve with some of the best and most dedicated people in the world.
9. Although there’s a lot less cool stuff like this …
10. … and way more than I expected of this:
11. At least there is some time for fun.
12. Those briefs from the 1st Sgt., Sgt. Maj., or the Chief aren’t all that interesting. If I hear “behoove” one more time …
13. Well, I’ve done my time. It’s time to get out of the military and do something else.
14. Just got my DD-214 and so happy to move on …
15. … But I’ll always be proud of my experience.
SpaceX launching a third top-secret satellite
SpaceX is launching a secretive mission this month. The mission, shrouded in secrecy, has some considering it may be for the CIA or the NSA.
This is how the Air Force will use prop planes on high-tech battlefields
The Air Force is looking toward a light-attack aircraft program, known as OA-X, to produce a plane that meets its needs and gets the job done.
A retired SEAL commander on how to stop thinking and 'get after it' every day
This former Navy commander has some excellent advice on how to jump start your day, and "get some" in order to make it as productive as possible.
Marines return to battle in 'old stomping grounds'
The Marines recall their "old stomping grounds" as they return to Fallujah and the surround areas of Al Anbar Province to battle a new enemy.
How Chinese drones are set to swarm the global market
China has stepped up it's drone game, and even though United States technology can still compete, China's drones are kind of really in demand.
That time two countries' Special Forces squared off in combat
In an area the size of the Falkland Islands, British and Argentine special operators were bound to run into each other at some point – a lot.
5 times pilots got in trouble for having fun in the sky
When pilots decide to do some fancy flying in their high-performance fighters, it can land them in trouble once they're back on the ground.
This is why Nazis dubbed these paratroopers 'devils in baggy pants'
"American paratroopers – devils in baggy pants – are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can’t sleep at night," wrote one German commander.
9 ISIS weapon fails that you have to see to believe
Many bad guys just want record themselves laying rounds down range for social media purposes — and we're glad they did. Laugh away, America!