Military personnel share amazing one-liners from drill instructors
Members of the military bonded over their service and took time to reminisce about harsh words from their drill instructors in an entertaining Reddit Military thread.
The thread started with the simple question, “What are some of the most memorable things your drill instructors have said?”
We’ve collected some of the most interesting responses below. If you served in the military, feel free to add your own drill instructor line in the comments below.
One Marine was compared to a sugar cookie for being sweaty and covered in sand.
Another instructor accused a Marine of being part of a plot to destroy the Corps.
Reddit user nickcorvus remembers how a drill instructor yelled:
“You’re a communist plot to f— up my Marine Corps.”
At times, drill instructors could barely contain their rage …
… or their disdain.
Some lines might not have had the intended effect.
In this case, a drill instructor had a more serious impact, when he handed this Marine an Eagle Globe and Anchor (EGA) that signifies the end of new-recruit training.
Ultimately, drill instructors always left their mark.
Even decades later.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles
- 100 years ago, the real-life Lawrence of Arabia authored a leadership pamphlet full of insights that are still useful today
- The US Navy is getting a 'game-changing' upgrade that could turn the tables on China and Russia
- A van plowed into dozens of people on a tourist-heavy street in Barcelona — suspect in custody, multiple fatalities reported
- These photos of the border between North and South Korea show just how disastrous a nuclear strike could be
- US kills 7 al Shabaab fighters in Somalia air strike
- The US-North Korean crisis will face a major test on Monday as Kim Jong Un holds his fire on Guam
Follow @BusinessInsider on Twitter .