Military personnel share amazing one-liners from drill instructors
Members of the military bonded over their service and took time to reminisce about harsh words from their drill instructors in an entertaining Reddit Military thread.
The thread started with the simple question, “What are some of the most memorable things your drill instructors have said?”
We’ve collected some of the most interesting responses below. If you served in the military, feel free to add your own drill instructor line in the comments below.
One Marine was compared to a sugar cookie for being sweaty and covered in sand.
Another instructor accused a Marine of being part of a plot to destroy the Corps.
Reddit user nickcorvus remembers how a drill instructor yelled:
“You’re a communist plot to f— up my Marine Corps.”
At times, drill instructors could barely contain their rage …
… or their disdain.
Some lines might not have had the intended effect.
In this case, a drill instructor had a more serious impact, when he handed this Marine an Eagle Globe and Anchor (EGA) that signifies the end of new-recruit training.
Ultimately, drill instructors always left their mark.
Even decades later.
- Police say suspect in Austin package bombings killed himself in confrontation with authorities
- The suspect behind the wave of package bombs in Texas has been killed — here’s what’s happened so far
- Trump reportedly ignored his national security advisers when they warned him to 'NOT CONGRATULATE' Putin on his election victory
- A Royal Air Force engineer has died after a Red Arrow jet crashed in Wales
- China's growing submarine force is 'armed to the teeth' — and the rest of the Pacific is racing to keep up