Oliver Stone thinks Edward Snowden is a hero
In the first full trailer for Snowden, Oliver Stone’s biopic of the NSA contractor who leaked classified documents to the media in 2013, the director makes clear that he thinks Edward Snowden is an American hero.
The movie version of Snowden (played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a good soldier who trains on broken legs without complaint for two weeks, aspired to serve in special forces and wants to join the CIA to serve his country. He is shocked by what he sees at the NSA and wants the rest of America to make an informed decision in the privacy versus security debate.
All of this matches up perfectly with Vietnam veteran Stone’s long-time movie obsessions with shadowy government figures and national security. After getting delayed twice, the movie finally opens in theaters on September 16.
- Veterans Can Now Apply for VA Identification Cards
- CORRECTED: Tricare Says No Increase for Most Pregnancy Costs in 2018
- Thunderbirds Commander Fired for 'Loss of Confidence'
- US Army to Field New Sidearm Down to Team Leader Level
- Army Reserve Officer Gets 4 Years for Defrauding Government