The 13 funniest military memes for the week of Aug. 19
More funny military memes than you can shake a stick at.
Actually, there’s just the 13. You might be able to shake a stick at 13 things. Look, just check out the memes:
1. Seriously, that guy you hate sucks so hard. He shouldn’t be promoted (via Pop Smoke).
2. This would sting less if it weren’t true (via Pop Smoke).
3. Garden warfare has been a neglected specialty that we need to reinforce (via Sh*t my LPO says V2.0).
4. Look, first sergeant. We both know I have neither the power nor the inclination to fix this (via Team Non-Rec).
5. If you really wanted your freedom, there’s always the dishonorable discharge (via Why I’m Not Re-Enlisting).
6. Perfect screengrab, but Will Smith got sent to Bel Air instead of 29 Palms (via Team Non-Rec).
7. Wait, do the Coast Guardsmen really wear life preservers during basic training drills?
(via Coast Guard Memes)
8. “Why yes, it is the SF of the Air Force,” is not technically a lie (via Military Memes).
9. That dead sprint only matters if the star chambers are properly cleaned (via Pop Smoke).
10. “Oh, you had to get a new backpack to carry your notebooks? How cute.”
(via Military Memes)
11. Wait, the sign clearly says that adult supervision is required (via NavyMemes.com).
12. Joint Terminal Attack Controllers may be cocky, but everyone’s fine with it if they can get effects on target (via Military Memes).
13. Or, “When people complain about the backseat of a car.”
(via Military Memes)
This is the real reason John McCain's Liberty Medal speech was so epic
When US media focused on a jab at President Trump, they missed the parting thoughts of a veteran and public servant of more than 60 years.
This little bot can take a lickin' and keep on tickin' for troops on assault
Weighing a little over five pounds, the FirstLook can handle being thrown into a hostile environment.
This is one of the deadliest kamikaze attacks caught on film
Japanese kamikaze pilots struck fear in the hearts of allied troops as they conducted choreographed nose-dives right into U.S. warships during WWII.
This is what it was like fighting alongside Afghan troops
In nearly every war in which America has taken part, troops have had to work alongside local forces who aren't always very motivated to fight.
This is how AC/DC helped save a POW in Mogadishu
The ending of "Black Hawk Down" was just slightly different than Ridley Scott showed. It was a moment former POW Mike Durant would never forget.
Russia is buying more of these 'Fullback' fighter jets — and they're pretty impressive
The Russian Ministry of Defense says it just got four more SU-34 bombers, and they're impressive AF. We have the details and video for you here.
More than 100 killed in Taliban attacks across Afghanistan
The Afghan Defense Ministry is reporting over 100 Afghan deaths in October. The Taliban killed Afghan police officers and soldiers, and civilians.
The US Navy just launched an effort to built this is the super-stealthy submarine
The USS South Dakota — a Block-III Virginia Class attack submarine — has officially been christened. We have the details and how it compares to its peers.
This is how the War of Independence was won in the trenches
In order to beat the British at Yorktown, Gen. George Washington had to summon his inner groundhog and convince the French to soil their pretty hands.