The 13 funniest military memes for the week of Aug. 5
Fact: Laughter is the best medicine and funny military memes cut recovery time from company runs by 15 percent.
That’s not a real fact but these really are funny military memes:
1. How veterans learned to sleep anywhere:
(via The Salty Soldier)
2. “Dangit, guys! Don’t tag me when I’m drunk!”
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
3. Look, if they didn’t want Marines who eat crayons, they wouldn’t have made crayons so easy to open (via Team Non-Rec).
4. Military footwear costs a lot of money for very little fashion (via Pop Smoke).
5. Civilian resumes are really hard to fill out (via Coast Guard Memes).
6. I was going to disagree, and then I noticed he was wearing awesome sunglasses while firing (via Military Memes).
7. This is the only acceptable pun in the military:
(via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
8. Happy birthday, U.S. Coast Guard!
(via Coast Guard Memes)
9. When you have too many floating fortresses to use all of them:
(via Navy Crow)
10. Man, the dark side has gotten pretty obsessed with paperwork (via Air Force Memes & Humor).
11. I know this is a screenshot from the game, but the chance to shoot custom targets on the range might have gotten me to re-enlist.
12. Always wanted to see this happen:
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
13. Doesn’t look so devilish on top of a horse (via Devil Dog Nation).
SpaceX launching a third top-secret satellite
SpaceX is launching a secretive mission this month. The mission, shrouded in secrecy, has some considering it may be for the CIA or the NSA.
This is how the Air Force will use prop planes on high-tech battlefields
The Air Force is looking toward a light-attack aircraft program, known as OA-X, to produce a plane that meets its needs and gets the job done.
A retired SEAL commander on how to stop thinking and 'get after it' every day
This former Navy commander has some excellent advice on how to jump start your day, and "get some" in order to make it as productive as possible.
Marines return to battle in 'old stomping grounds'
The Marines recall their "old stomping grounds" as they return to Fallujah and the surround areas of Al Anbar Province to battle a new enemy.
How Chinese drones are set to swarm the global market
China has stepped up it's drone game, and even though United States technology can still compete, China's drones are kind of really in demand.
That time two countries' Special Forces squared off in combat
In an area the size of the Falkland Islands, British and Argentine special operators were bound to run into each other at some point – a lot.
5 times pilots got in trouble for having fun in the sky
When pilots decide to do some fancy flying in their high-performance fighters, it can land them in trouble once they're back on the ground.
This is why Nazis dubbed these paratroopers 'devils in baggy pants'
"American paratroopers – devils in baggy pants – are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can’t sleep at night," wrote one German commander.
9 ISIS weapon fails that you have to see to believe
Many bad guys just want record themselves laying rounds down range for social media purposes — and we're glad they did. Laugh away, America!