The 13 funniest military memes for the week of Jan. 27
Remember, troops. Don’t beat anything, don’t drink and drive, and don’t end up on first sergeant’s carpet without an awesome story.
Get ready for the weekend! Here are a few awesome military memes to get you through to the safety brief:
1. If they actually wore these uniforms, at least it would be easier to spot them (via The Salty Soldier).
2. That’s a good excuse right up until DFAS stops paying (via Shit my LPO says).
3. Don’t care who you voted for, getting Mattis as SecDef is like learning that Capt. America is your new commander (via Pop smoke).
4. It’s like the world’s worst Easter egg hunt!
(via Air Force Nation)
5. Don’t wanna lose your sea legs (via Coast Guard Memes).
6. Let’s get it started in here:
(via Military Memes)
7. Not everyone has what it takes to be a fireman (via Air Force Memes & Humor).
8. The most important gear an airman will ever hold (via Air Force amn/nco/snco).
9. Man, it would’ve sucked to have been drafted onto the DD-214 (via Sh-t my LPO says).
10. That moment the grizzled veteran has to salute the fresh-out-of-OCS lieutenant, then try to teach them how to Army (via Pop smoke)
11. They have crayon chewers in every branch (via Coast Guard Memes).
12. It’s not like anyone in the squad is going to end up TOO strong (via Military Memes).
13. Forward was more fun (via Military Memes).
SpaceX launching a third top-secret satellite
SpaceX is launching a secretive mission this month. The mission, shrouded in secrecy, has some considering it may be for the CIA or the NSA.
This is how the Air Force will use prop planes on high-tech battlefields
The Air Force is looking toward a light-attack aircraft program, known as OA-X, to produce a plane that meets its needs and gets the job done.
A retired SEAL commander on how to stop thinking and 'get after it' every day
This former Navy commander has some excellent advice on how to jump start your day, and "get some" in order to make it as productive as possible.
Marines return to battle in 'old stomping grounds'
The Marines recall their "old stomping grounds" as they return to Fallujah and the surround areas of Al Anbar Province to battle a new enemy.
How Chinese drones are set to swarm the global market
China has stepped up it's drone game, and even though United States technology can still compete, China's drones are kind of really in demand.
That time two countries' Special Forces squared off in combat
In an area the size of the Falkland Islands, British and Argentine special operators were bound to run into each other at some point – a lot.
5 times pilots got in trouble for having fun in the sky
When pilots decide to do some fancy flying in their high-performance fighters, it can land them in trouble once they're back on the ground.
This is why Nazis dubbed these paratroopers 'devils in baggy pants'
"American paratroopers – devils in baggy pants – are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can’t sleep at night," wrote one German commander.
9 ISIS weapon fails that you have to see to believe
Many bad guys just want record themselves laying rounds down range for social media purposes — and we're glad they did. Laugh away, America!