The 13 funniest military memes of the week
You made it through another week, but no one is giving you medals and ribbons for that. You’ll have to settle for these memes instead.
1. Seriously, car dealers may be the most powerful entities in the military community(via Devil Dog Nation).
2. Help people get to heaven. Make martyrs.
3. Airmen are immune to your mockery (via Air Force Nation).
4. Navy likes to play Army for PT (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
5. It’ll probably work, especially against the Navy.
6. When you try to advance in life …
(via Military Memes)
7. Be careful, they hunt in packs.
8. There’s a reason pilots have checklists.
9. Doesn’t have a concealed carry permit (via Marine Corps Memes).
10. Remember that they’re games and not simulators (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
11. Pretty sure there’s a “D-mnit Carl!” coming.
12. When Sauron is sent for KP duty (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
13. Target identification is hard.
This is how missing or captured troops get promoted
According to the Department of Defense, prisoners of war and those under missing status continue to be considered for promotion along with their contemporaries.
6 reasons Charleston might be America's most gung-ho military city
From Charles Towne Landing to the Medal of Honor Museum, go grab a pint where George Washington drank and read about the military legacy of South Carolina's Atlantic jewel.
This is how long South Korea thinks it will take to conquer the North
South Korea says they are developing new plans to defend against advancing North Korean threats after a data breach left their outdated plans vulnerable.
This stunning video shows how well 100-year-old ammo works today
While original 1911 pistols surely still function today, turns out so does the ammo from that era.
This could be the Army's next rifle — and it's totally awesome
Textron debuted its newest rifle, the Intermediate Case-Telescoped Carbine, at AUSA. It's lighter and more deadly than the current M4.
16 jokes Germans could die for telling under the Nazi regime
The Nazi Party was well short of a majority when it came to power. So it's easy to believe that not everyone was a big fan of Hitler or his ideas.
These really smart people say bigger is better when it comes to building aircraft carriers
In an effort to reduce its fiscal footprint, the Navy is looking at making smaller ships. But these defense researchers say it's a terrible idea.
Now that ISIS is on the ropes, these guys have turned the guns on each other
Two US allies, which were armed and trained by US forces, have turned their weapons on each other, and there isn't much the US can do about it.
This is the definitive history of the world's most advanced fighter jet
The new F-22A Raptor fighter jet is the most advance fighter jet in the world, and it dominates on every level imaginable.