The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Another week down, another 13 memes to get you to Libo brief.
1. Salute what now?
(via Sh-t my LPO Says)
2. And people say Marines aren’t romantic (via Military Memes).
3. Nothing like a little stroll before flight ops . . . (via Sh-t my LPO Says).
4. When civilians stage military photos (via Coast Guard Memes).
5. When you realize enlisting is not like being a character in a video game (via Air Force Nation).
6. When Coast Guard wants to dance but the party is in international waters (via Coast Guard Memes).
7. Nothing like a corrosion control shop with a sense of humor (via Air Force Nation).
8. Why 0331s and 11Bs have to be supervised (via Pop Smoke).
9. The CO doesn’t get lost during field exercises …
(via Sh-t my LPO Says)
10. The Navy has been building an corps of elite sailors capable of the most challenging missions (via Sh-t my LPO Says).
11. Don’t worry Active duty, the reserves are ready to back you up (via Military Memes).
12. The guys with the missiles need to be properly supervised (via Air Force Nation).
13. Your new lieutenant is an expert (via Pop Smoke).
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.