The 13 funniest military memes of the week
It’s Labor Day weekend!
Some of you military types will be by the pool, some of you will be skating or shamming on duty, and at least one of you will be explaining to someone on Facebook that Labor Day isn’t about veterans or the military.
Let the best memes of the week help you stave off any labor (for at least a few more minutes) and give you some tips for celebrating the holiday.
1. Don’t forget to include your pets.
2. Remember: you can get arrested for a DUI while driving a boat.
3. Guys, be yourself when talking to the ladies.
4. Be prepared if the ladies reject your advances.
5. Just in case, pack your rain gear.
6. Be sure to pick up some fun for the kids.
7. Get your paperwork done early. (h/t Air Force Memes & Humor)
8. Word gets around when you’re having a party. You may have to dodge people. (h/t Pop Smoke)
9. Every veteran has that one veteran friend.
10. Be sure you listen and heed your safety brief.
11. Let loose, and relax a little. Maybe grow a little facial hair.
12. Take in a movie. (h/t Pop Smoke)
13. And don’t forget Grandpa.
How dead civilians were listed as 'ISIS fighters' in Iraq
A year and a half long investigation by the New York Times revealed that the US had reported civilian casualties in combat as enemy combatant casualties.
The Marines are training an F-35 squadron to fight in nuclear war
The Marines are training on how to fight through a nuclear war and under the strains of nuclear, biological, chemical, and radiological hazards.
Why a drunk traffic fatality was the last straw for US troops in Japan
Early in the morning, a Marine drove while impaired, ran a red light, and drove into oncoming traffic. He struck another truck, killing its driver.
History's 7 outstanding military leaders, according to Napoleon
Napoleon Bonaparte, considered one of the most memorable military leaders of all time, held these 7 military predecessors in great esteem.
6 ways Austin Powers is way more operator than you
In 1997, Britain's biggest playboy and best special agent Austin Powers rocked movie-goers with his bad teeth, groovy personality, and judo chop.
The best qualities about veteran entrepreneurs that investors love
Due to our unique military experiences, veterans have so much more to offer the world, and those traits are closely examined by potential investors.
SpaceX launching a third top-secret satellite
SpaceX is launching a secretive mission this month. The mission, shrouded in secrecy, has some considering it may be for the CIA or the NSA.
This is how the Air Force will use prop planes on high-tech battlefields
The Air Force is looking toward a light-attack aircraft program, known as OA-X, to produce a plane that meets its needs and gets the job done.
A retired SEAL commander on how to stop thinking and 'get after it' every day
This former Navy commander has some excellent advice on how to jump start your day, and "get some" in order to make it as productive as possible.