The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Look, we know that it’s Apr. 1 and you can’t trust anything, but there really are 13 funny military memes below this line.
1. Sailors, don’t go too crazy with the new tattoo regs (via Sh-t my LPO says).
2. Welcome to the military’s fine dining facility (via Sh-t my LPO says).
3. Weather reports in ISIS-Land:
(via Military Memes)
4. “We found some sand on the inside of one of the liners. Take everything back and re-clean.”
(via Do You Even Airborne, Bro?)
5. If you’re going to lie for someone, make sure everyone is on the same page (via Devil Dog Nation).
6. He’s a weekend warrior. Why should he moderate his diet on weekdays?
(via Pop Smoke)
7. This run builds esprit de corps … somehow (via Air Force Nation).
8. The elite Air Force Arts and Crafts Squadron:
(via Coast Guard Memes)
9. Oddly enough, the spelling doesn’t bother me as much as the fact that they used an upside-down “W” for the first “M” (via Coast Guard Memes).
10. “I want back in the plane! I want back in the plane!”
(via The Salty Soldier)
11. Maybe some nice squats or something?
(via Team Non-Rec)
12. Looks like we’re never making it home after all (via The Salty Soldier).
13. The Army keeps this up, they’ll be able to join the Corps (via Team Non-Rec).
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.