The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Don’t let meme withdrawal happen to you. Check out these 13 gems from around the Facebooks:
1. Finally, a new soldier that won’t fall out of a run (via The Salty Soldier).
2. It’ll be alright, Eli (via Coast Guard Memes).
3. When security forces get distracted:
(via Air Force Nation)
4. Branch differences personified (via Pop Smoke).
5. “I need two!”
6. Play it cool (via Pop Smoke).
7. Wanna go run in the waves?
(via The Salty Soldier)
8. When all of you work together …
(via Coast Guard Memes)
9. Battalion needs bodies for a working party (via Team Non-Rec).
10. “I just wanna thank my wife and kids. Without them, none of this would be possible.”
(via Team Non-Rec)
11. “Gotta break the plane, bro.”
(via Air Force Nation)
12. The only thing you need for a guaranteed safe airborne op:
(via The Fit Soldier).
13. It’s like Hollywood doesn’t even know how to do a Google search (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
6 reasons 'Full Metal Jacket' should have been about Animal Mother
"Full Metal Jacket" is epic, but did you ever wonder how different the film would be if it followed Animal Mother instead of Joker? Well, we did.
US Navy helps search for submarine lost for nearly a week
On November 19th, the United States Navy joined NASA and other countries in the search for an Argentinian submarine that went missing November 15th.
Sexual assault at Fort Bragg up 28 percent over last year
A summary released by the Department of Defense shows reports of sexual assault from Fort Bragg increased by 28 percent in 2016 over the year before.
ISIS' last town in Iraq falls to Iraqi security forces
Iraqi forces backed by the U.S.-led coalition retook Rawah on Nov. 17, the last town in the country that was held by the Islamic State group.
Why Chinese bombers suddenly flew so close to Okinawa
China just sent a set of H-6 bombers and and intelligence gathering aircraft through international airspace between Okinawa and Miyoko. Here's why.
That time Politifact took Duffel Blog seriously
Duffel Blog finally holds their heads up high as the "The American military's Most Trusted news source" was given the dubious honors of being ranked as "Pants on Fire" by Politifact.
This amazing Air Force cadet is now a Rhodes Scholar
An Air Force Academy student has been named a Rhodes Scholar, winning a full ride scholarship to the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.
Watch this bomber's rare low-level flyover of powerful Navy carriers
The B-1B may be a strategic bomber with a lot of firepower, but it is the type of plane that can fulfill a pilots' need for speed in the air.
This is why enlisted Marines should wear rank on their sleeves
The rank on U.S. Marine Corps utilities has only been on the collar since 1959. It's actually more traditional to wear rank on the sleeve.