The 13 funniest military memes of the week
The Internet is absolutely chock-full of military memes. Who knew? Check out 13 of our favorites from this week below.
1. The only piece of tech we got from Star Wars was the PT belt (via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting).
2. Wanna know why your navigation system messed up?
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
3. We’re sure the Rangers have almost caught up (via Team Non-Rec).
4. Force Recon has no mercy.
5. Dig deep, embrace the suck (via Squidable).
6. After all you’ve been through together, you leave them on the shelves!? (via Marine Corps Memes)
7. Most effective protection in the known world (via Hey Shipmate).
8. “Tape can’t stop me! I’m in officer in the Navy!”
(via Hey Shipmate)
9. Why are you guys laughing? Those are pretty nice digs.
(via Why I’m Not Re-enlisting)
10. The “gentleman” part applies to some generals more than others.
11. Yeah! Tear it up, ground-pounder!! (via Grunt Nation)
12. It’s a pill on a Navy ship, of course it’s Motrin (via Sh-t my LPO says).
13. Keep pushing through (via Hey Shipmate).
How North Korean special operators plan to invade the South via paragliders
North Korean special operators may be planning to paraglide into South Korea in an attack the country simulated in mid-September, according to South Korea.
This Halloween-themed bomb was as dumb as it sounds
Still a few years out from the Manhattan Project being completed, a dentist / mad scientist came up with a disastrous and inhumane plan — the "bat bomb."
These are the contenders flying off to replace the A-10
Four planes are flying off for the chance to try to replace the beloved A-10 Thunderbolt. Here's how they hold up.
This was a major problem with the South Vietnamese army
"Be glad to trade you some ARVN rifles. Ain't never been fired and only dropped once." — Cowboy from "Full Metal Jacket."
9 reasons why you should have joined the Army instead
The only down side is knowing that when you get out, you will never be as cool as you were when you were doing "Hooah things" with your boys.
7 things all troops should know before becoming a sniper
With Hollywood tapping into the sniper lifestyle with films like "American Sniper," many young troops get a misconception what it's like to be one.
The first home-built Japanese supersonic fighter was a ship-killer
The Mitsubishi F-1 was designed to carry out the maritime strike mission, but also could carry AIM-9 Sidewinders.
This is why Bowe Bergdahl says he pleaded guilty
US Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, held captive by the Taliban for five years after walking off his post in Afghanistan, is expected to plead guilty.
Say hello to America's newest 40mm grenade machine gun
The Mk-47 Mod 0 Advanced Grenade Launcher takes the auto 40 mike-mike to a whole new level.