The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Still feeling the St. Patrick’s Day hangover? These memes are better than a 1-quart canteen and 800mg of Motrin.
1. You sleep soundly in your bed at night because dashing men are willing to ride horses on the beach for your freedom (via Coast Guard Memes).
2. The only missions that got volunteers were the ones that went near a Green Beans-equipped base (via Air Force Nation).
3. To spread democracy, squeeze trigger (via Military Memes).
4. Not even for a Rip-It?
(via Marine Corps Memes)
5. Wait, Skateteers can get “Leave” rings?
(via Air Force Nation)
6. Ain’t Ready to be a Marine Yet (via Sh-t my LPO says).
7. False promises. You know he isn’t going to paint (via Coast Guard Memes).
8. 75,000 pounds of Freedom at full load (via Air Force Nation).
9. You can get a whole other layer of Marines on top of that one (Via Marine Corps Memes).
10. When you have something in common with the galley vending machine:
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
11. Yeah! The fascist overlord thinks your Facebook game is on point!
(via Artwork of Armies)
12. A one-item aid kit would be simpler (via Artwork of Armies).
13. The more important question is probably, “Why were you wearing a dress?”
(via Military Memes)
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.
The war between the US Army and Magpul is heating up over ice
Magpul officials are calling foul on the Army's claim that its rifle magazines don't work in the cold — and they say they can prove it.
The real-life dictator who ruined his country and became a cannibal
In this episode, the WATM podcast team talks about Ken Burns' 'Vietnam' series, the down side of communism and Idi Amin. You won't want to miss it.
Here are the best military photos for the week of October 21st
The military has talented photographers who capture what life as a service member is like during training and at war. Here are their best photos this week.
The 13 funniest military memes for the week of Oct. 20
It's time for the best part of your week... and also these sweet military memes, curated so our disgruntled veteran community can know they're not alone.
Here's why the Russian navy just took a Philippine vacation
Russia has sent three antisubmarine ships to Manila in an effort to build stronger ties with and dissuade American ties from the Philippines.
This is why the Pentagon is investigating the ambush in Niger that killed 4 special operators
What exactly happened in Niger, and how did we lose four service members in a surprise ambush. There are questions, and McCain and Mattis want answers.
This South Korean howitzer can bring the thunder if Pyongyang attacks
The K9 can hit a target 25 miles away with three rounds in 15 seconds.