The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Another week down, another (long) weekend to get through without a major safety incident or an article 15. Good luck.
1. Terrorists have learned to fear American training (via Team Non-Rec).
2. When corporals know they’re no longer worth the paperwork (via Marine Corps Memes).
SEE ALSO: 12 signs you may be ‘motarded’ >
3. When you want those stripes but you’re just a hero, not a college grad (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
4. The Navy boot camp honor grads are now labeled with a special ribbon (via Sh-T My LPO Says).
5. How the Coast Guard earns their deployment stripes (via Military Memes).
6. “Fully retired? I can finally get around to that education the Army promised me.”(via Team Non-Rec).
7. Gotta love that Air Force life (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
8. Dressing your baby in an adorable sailor outfit has consequences (via Sh-t My LPO Says).
9. “Let me tell you ’bout my best friend …”
(via Team Non-Rec).
10. “Ha ha, lieutenants get people lost.”
(Via Devil Dog Nation.)
11. Why military travel works so well (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
12. When you have to switch out your camping tents for DRASH tents (via Terminal Lance).
13. When your article 15 rebuttal doesn’t go as planned (via Air Force Memes and Humor).
SpaceX launching a third top-secret satellite
SpaceX is launching a secretive mission this month. The mission, shrouded in secrecy, has some considering it may be for the CIA or the NSA.
This is how the Air Force will use prop planes on high-tech battlefields
The Air Force is looking toward a light-attack aircraft program, known as OA-X, to produce a plane that meets its needs and gets the job done.
A retired SEAL commander on how to stop thinking and 'get after it' every day
This former Navy commander has some excellent advice on how to jump start your day, and "get some" in order to make it as productive as possible.
Marines return to battle in 'old stomping grounds'
The Marines recall their "old stomping grounds" as they return to Fallujah and the surround areas of Al Anbar Province to battle a new enemy.
How Chinese drones are set to swarm the global market
China has stepped up it's drone game, and even though United States technology can still compete, China's drones are kind of really in demand.
That time two countries' Special Forces squared off in combat
In an area the size of the Falkland Islands, British and Argentine special operators were bound to run into each other at some point – a lot.
5 times pilots got in trouble for having fun in the sky
When pilots decide to do some fancy flying in their high-performance fighters, it can land them in trouble once they're back on the ground.
This is why Nazis dubbed these paratroopers 'devils in baggy pants'
"American paratroopers – devils in baggy pants – are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can’t sleep at night," wrote one German commander.
9 ISIS weapon fails that you have to see to believe
Many bad guys just want record themselves laying rounds down range for social media purposes — and we're glad they did. Laugh away, America!