This is how US Army uniforms have changed since the Revolutionary War
In the 241 years since the US declared independence from the English in 1776, the uniforms of those serving in the US Army have changed drastically.
Over the years, as the nation grew, uniforms, too, have evolved to fit the times and take advantage of changes in tactics and technology. In some cases, as this paper from US Army History notes, the changes were minor affairs, while in other cases, the look of the US Army was radically changed.
We have highlighted some of the major advancements in US Army uniforms in the graphic below.
- The US explains why it created a new Kurdish-dominated force in Syria at the risk of Turkey's wrath
- The NYC truck attack suspect is seeking a plea deal to accept a life sentence and avoid the death penalty
- Trump's leaked review of the US's nukes seems to confirm Russia has an underwater nuclear doomsday weapon
- Trump's latest immigration crackdown threatens the economy — both in the US and in El Salvador
- From defusing bombs to dispelling myths: Meet Ronny Jackson, the White House doctor for 3 presidents who held an hour-long press conference on Trump's health