This video shows the insider attack that killed 3 US special operators in Jordan
The Jordanian government released a video on July 24 depicting an insider attack that killed three US Special Forces in Jordan.
The video shows the soldiers pulling up to the King Faisal Air Base to participate in a training exercise in November. Upon reaching the entrance, Jordanian guard Cpl. M’aarek Abu Tayeh opened fire on the trucks carrying the soldiers. Staff Sgt. Kevin McEnroe was killed instantly and Sgt. First Class Matthew Lewellen was wounded, later dying from his injuries.
Staff Sgt. James Moriarty was in the truck behind the first, and was able to exit the vehicle, along with another soldier from a different truck. The soldiers attempted to speak with Tayeh in Arabic, but were ignored. Tayeh kept firing, eventually killing Moriarty before the fourth soldier was finally able to shoot the assailant.
None of the Jordanian soldiers nearby appeared to aid the Americans. The video clearly shows one man who opened the gate running away as soon as shots were fired.
Jordan, a US ally in the ongoing war on terrorism, initially denied responsibility for Tayeh’s attack, placing blame on the US for failing to follow proper protocols when entering the base. US Special Operations Command found “no evidence that US forces failed to fully comply with Jordanian base procedures.”
In fact, SOCOM reported that the troops “demonstrated valorous conduct and extraordinary heroism” in taking down Tayeh, who was armed with an M-16 rifle and body armor. The Special Forces soldiers had only sidearms.
The families of the dead soldiers vocally condemned the Jordanian government in March for its failure to properly look into the incident.
The government eventually charged Tayeh with murder in June. He was found guilty and received life in prison with hard labor, though some relatives of the deceased were hoping for a death sentence.
- The Kurdish Referendum For Independence Is A Mistake That Could End In Slaughter
- Take A Look Back At Scarlett Johansson’s Best Red Carpet Moments [SLIDESHOW]
- Check Out These Jaw-Dropping Pics Of Hailey Baldwin On Her Birthday [SLIDESHOW]
- EXCLUSIVE: Central Figure In ‘Backdoor Overture’ Request Denies That Russian Official Sought Trump Meeting
- REPORT: New York Times ‘Torn’ Over Whether To Fire Glenn Thrush
- Hey Millennials: Socialism Creates Poverty And Limits Freedom. So Stop Romanticizing It!
Follow @DailyCaller on Twitter .