Watch an elderly Vietnam Vet fight off a woman who tried to take his wallet
An attack by a woman on an elderly veteran was caught on tape outside a Fresno, California, auto parts store.
Police are asking for the public’s help in trying to find 73-year-old Victor Bejarano’s attacker.
The Vietnam vet said the woman got out of an SUV and asked him for his wallet in the parking lot. When he refused, she tried to take it from him, leading to a prolonged struggle.
When he made his way inside the store in order to get help, she followed him and the struggle continued right at the counter.
None of the customers in the store stepped in to help, police said. The woman got back in her SUV and drove off before police arrived.
After all that, Bejarano said if the woman had just asked him politely for money and explained her situation, he would have helped her out.
“If she would’ve told me from the beginning: ‘Sir, please help, I have a child. He’s crying because he’s hungry.’ I would have given her the money. But she didn’t ask for the money, she asked for my wallet. I said, I can’t give you my wallet,” said Bejarano, who was at the Auto Zone to fix a friend’s van.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles
- HAVOC ON THE HIGH SEAS: Search underway for 10 missing US sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- TERROR DRIVER ID'D Police ramp up search for Barcelona attack suspect
- DB COOPER MYSTERY Report: FBI accepts new possible evidence in case
- 'MORALLY WRONG' Musk, other experts call for global ban on killer robots
- FALWELL BACKS TRUMP College head defends president's rally remarks
- Trump to address nation on Afghanistan
Follow @foxnews on Twitter .