WATM Podcast: What if the US took on the rest of the world?
Just imagine the shocking scenario where the U.S. angered China, Russia, Iran, and its traditional allies like the UK and France. Now imagine if these countries formed a unified coalition to attack the U.S. How long would the U.S. be able to hold them off? Which tactics would it deploy? What role will its citizens play?
In this debut episode of the WATM podcast, the boys of the editorial team discuss how this idea might play out.
The podcast is hosted by bunch of vets who live and breathe all things weapons, tactics, and mil-tech. Here’s who they are:
- Logan Nye: Army veteran and associate editor
- Blake Stilwell: Air Force veteran and managing editor
- Tracy Woodward: Benevolent smartass and Social Media coordinator
- Orvelin Valle (AKA O.V.): Navy veteran and Social Media editor
Selected links and show notes from the episode
• Reader comments on the WATM Facebook page
• IMDb: Red Dawn (1984)
• Swamp Fox Memorial: The legend of the Swamp Fox (General Francis Marion is credited as the Father of Guerilla Warfare) [18:35]
• Mining Everyday Technologies to Anticipate Possibilities:
DARPA’s “Improv” effort asks the innovation community to identify commercial products and processes that could yield unanticipated threats [19:35]
• Cracked article: 6 Powerful Groups You Didn’t Know Have Post-Apocalypse Plans
If The USA Falls, Wyoming Will Pick Up The Pieces [31:10]
• For fun: Articles about the F-35 [36:00]
Music license by Jingle Punks
- Drum March
- Beat Meat