Serving a passionate military community, their family and friends with inspirational stories and great entertainment.
THE MIGHTY is hiring interns to help research and create curated and original content as well as basic administrative duties. Seeking individuals with interest and experience publishing content to various digital and social media platforms. Candidates with strong writing and organizational skills preferred. We are looking for interns with experience or interest in military-related content covering a range of categories including entertainment, comedy, sports, tactics, lifestyle, inspirational and informative. Candidates with extensive knowledge or experience serving in the U.S. Armed Forces preferred.
- Researching and drafting original posts.
- Assisting editorial team to format and prepare editorial and social media posts.
- Tracking, procuring and curating repurposed content.
- Extensive research.
- Maintaining spreadsheets and lists of potential and future content partners, relevant bloggers and sites, and more.
- Various office administrative tasks including filing, copying, answering phones and more.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to write and edit original blog posts and social media messages.
- Understanding and appreciation of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr and more.
- Understanding and appreciation of YouTube and online video.
- Experience using PowerPoint, Excel and Photoshop.
- Must be eligible for credit through college/university.
Servicemen and women with varied experience and skills are encouraged to apply.
This is a semester-long position based in our Hollywood, CA office. Reports to Executive Editor and Administrative Coordinator. Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nigeria will spend a billion dollars to fight Boko Haram
Boko Haram, once one of the most feared groups in Africa, is still a problem. Nigeria, however, has decided they aren't putting up with them anymore.
ISIS may have obtained anti-tank missiles from the CIA
Somehow, ISIS has gotten a hold of weapons purchased by the CIA and Saudi Arabia and dispersed, without permission from either, to allied fighters.
How the Army plans to counter massive drone attacks
The United States military is experiencing more and more drone attacks in combat zones, and they have a plan to start shooting them down faster.
Marines want to swarm enemy defenses with hundreds of small boats
It looks like the Marine Corps is ready to get their own boats instead of borrowing them from the Navy all the time. Is this the end of water taxis?
This bearded Marine brings joy to the Corps
He's making a gear list. He's checking it twice. Gonna find out who's boot or grunt. Gunny Clause is coming on base. So stand at ease, kiddos.
This new device helps amputees manage phantom limb pain
Amira Idris designed a device helps amputees experiencing the phenomenon known as phantom limb pain (PLP) — and now she's giving the device to vets.
5 stories you may have missed for the week of December 16th
With everything going on in the world, it's difficult to keep track of every story that pops up. Check the stories you may have missed this week.
This is why the U.S.military uses 5.56mm ammo instead of 7.62mm
A common debate among gun enthusiasts revolves around why the U.S. chose to implement the 5.56mm N.A.T.O. round into service instead of the 7.62mm.
Combat Flip Flops are all about freedom — and not just for your feet
Buy a comfy pair of flip flops — put Afghanistan to work. Buy your lady a sarong — put an Afghan girl through school. This is global democracy, step two.