Freelance Video Editors
Serving a passionate military community, their family and friends with inspirational stories and great entertainment.
THE MIGHTY is hiring a Freelance Video Editor to edit and deliver original short-form video on a daily and weekly basis. The Video Editor should have proven post-production experience with ability to contribute to and deliver concepts as conceived by creative team. We are looking for someone to edit original, accessible military-related content covering a range of categories including entertainment, comedy, sports, tactics, lifestyle, inspirational and informative. Candidates with extensive knowledge or experience serving in the U.S. Armed Forces preferred.
- Pulling, transcoding, syncing and logging existing or original footage.
- Edit original video concepts and series.
- Create assets using existing footage or photos to be used in original series.
- Polish final edits by color correcting, mixing sound, titling, etc.
- Collaborate with Video Producer to maximize creativity during post
- Transcode final edit for output to various platforms including YouTube.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of post-production experience.
- Extensive use and knowledge of editing software including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, more.
- Knowledge and experience managing media including video codecs and formats.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to manage multiple small-scale productions simultaneously.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Organized, discreet, detail-oriented.
- Experience editing video for YouTube platform preferred.
- You will be asked to provide links or highlight reel showcasing previous work.
Current active duty (soon to ETS), members of the Reserves and National Guard and all prior service men and women with varied experience and skills are encouraged to apply. Please send resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com
This is a freelance position based in our Hollywood, CA office. Reports to Video Producer and Head of Programming and Production.
9 reasons why you should have joined the Army instead
The only down side is knowing that when you get out, you will never be as cool as you were when you were doing "Hooah things" with your boys.
7 things all troops should know before becoming a sniper
With Hollywood tapping into the sniper lifestyle with films like "American Sniper," many young troops get a misconception what it's like to be one.
The first home-built Japanese supersonic fighter was a ship-killer
The Mitsubishi F-1 was designed to carry out the maritime strike mission, but also could carry AIM-9 Sidewinders.
This is why Bowe Bergdahl says he plead guilty
US Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, held captive by the Taliban for five years after walking off his post in Afghanistan, is expected to plead guilty.
Say hello to America's newest 40mm grenade machine gun
The Mk-47 Mod 0 Advanced Grenade Launcher takes the auto 40 mike-mike to a whole new level.
10 craptastic Halloween costumes completely out of regulations
It's that time of year again! Halloween parties are being planned and folks who wouldn't hack it in the real military pick up cheap ass costumes.
This is how one man tried to end slavery all by himself
John Brown believed in American freedom but didn't trust democracy to guarantee it for all. His failed slave revolt was the opening salvo of the Civil War.
This is what happened to the soldiers from the 'Hurt Locker'
Many people have wondered what happened to the "Hurt Locker" troops after they returned home from deployment. Here's what our fictional investigators found.
This is the French missile that can wipe out a city
The M51 can carry six 100-kiloton TN-75 warheads and wipe out a city the size of Los Angeles.