The 13 funniest memes for the week of Nov. 3
What happened this week in the military? No. Really. What happened??
Bergdahl will walk free. The actual Green Berets are trying stop green berets from being issued to other soldiers. A judge halted the President’s ban on transgender soldiers. These are incredibly polarizing issues for the U.S. military and its veterans.
You know what isn’t polarizing? Memes.
And here are the dankest memes from the veteran world this week.
1. Betsy Ross is playing with fire.
2. Trim those sideburns, soldier. (via People of the PX)
3. But he’s paying 26% interest on that Nissan. (via Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said)
4. Charlie Sheen has a Google Alert for this. (via Decelerate Your Life)
5. Gear adrift is a gift.
6. Every one thinks they’re a foreign policy expert.
7. Veterans know leadership. (via U.S. Army WTF Moments)
8. In the Army, Forrest Gump is considered a genius.
9. “Welcome to Fort Bragg”
10. A good king leads his troops from the front.
11. Crew chiefs get their name on the plane for a reason.
12. Now we both have a machine gun. Ho Ho Ho. (via the Salty Soldier)
13. Getting that first job after separating is tough.
US Navy helps search for submarine lost for nearly a week
On November 19th, the United States Navy joined NASA and other countries in the search for an Argentinian submarine that went missing November 15th.
Sexual assault at Fort Bragg up 28 percent over last year
A summary released by the Department of Defense shows reports of sexual assault from Fort Bragg increased by 28 percent in 2016 over the year before.
ISIS' last town in Iraq falls to Iraqi security forces
Iraqi forces backed by the U.S.-led coalition retook Rawah on Nov. 17, the last town in the country that was held by the Islamic State group.
Why Chinese bombers suddenly flew so close to Okinawa
China just sent a set of H-6 bombers and and intelligence gathering aircraft through international airspace between Okinawa and Miyoko. Here's why.
That time Politifact took Duffel Blog seriously
Duffel Blog finally holds their heads up high as the "The American military's Most Trusted news source" was given the dubious honors of being ranked as "Pants on Fire" by Politifact.
This amazing Air Force cadet is now a Rhodes Scholar
An Air Force Academy student has been named a Rhodes Scholar, winning a full ride scholarship to the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.
Watch this bomber's rare low-level flyover of powerful Navy carriers
The B-1B may be a strategic bomber with a lot of firepower, but it is the type of plane that can fulfill a pilots' need for speed in the air.
This is why enlisted Marines should wear rank on their sleeves
The rank on U.S. Marine Corps utilities has only been on the collar since 1959. It's actually more traditional to wear rank on the sleeve.
6 simple reasons the cook should always be your best friend
There are three people you should always be friends with. The cook. The medic (or Corpsman.) And whatever the MOS of the person repeating the phrase.