The 13 funniest military memes for the week of Oct. 27
It’s nearly Halloween. You know what that means…
Just a few more weeks until the Veteran’s Day free food extravaganza.
Until then, tide yourself over with the best military memes your veteran buddies could muster.
1. American and British vets went to Meme War this week. (via Fill Your Boots)
2. Maybe red uniforms weren’t the best idea. (via The Salty Soldier).
3. We were Facebook once… and young. (via Pop Smoke)
4. How long can sick call put a superhero on quarters?
5. To be fair, Amazonians get better training. (via Decelerate Your Life)
6. I’d like to see blueberries fool Snoop.
7. Marry that girl. (via Disgruntled Decks)
8. The military, where everything is made up and the points don’t matter. (via Why I’m Not Re-Enlisting)
9. But I’m not bitter. (via Pop Smoke)
10. Time is a flat circle.
11. Why would you buy a can of Army?
12. Always ready… for your deployment.
13. Come at me, fam. (via Disgruntled Decks)
7 more phrases old school veterans can't stop saying — and we love it
We love our old-school veterans that don't have a problem speaking their minds. They have some humorous sayings that we still use to this day.
This Army nurse's epic fight for a memorial for women Vietnam veterans
Some 11,000 women served in Vietnam, many as nurses and many under hostile fire. They had to fight to have their memorial built on the National Mall.
5 tips to prepare potential boots to join the military
No matter which branch you're thinking of joining, these mental and physical tips will help you be ready for when you're staring at a smoky bear hat.
6 reasons the Air Force wants to get its hands on Russian DNA
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to a Russian, Air Force wants to get his genome.
US Navy searches for 3 missing sailors after plane crashes en route to USS Ronald Reagan
The US Navy is conducting a search for the 3 missing sailors after a plane carrying 11 passengers crashed into the sea southeast of Okinawa.
If you don't know about Sword & Plough, you are wrong
The Holidays, like a hyped-up drill sergeant, are upon you. Don't you wish you had a 12-day guide to the best vet-made gifts around? Ho! Ho! Hoo-rah!
Why the 'Butcher of Bosnia' faces a life sentence for war crimes
Ratko Mladic, a former Serbian general, will receive a verdict from the International Criminal Tribunal for war crimes he committed, to include genocide.
Russia swears a cloud of radioactive pollution is not a nuclear accident
A radioactive cloud is moving over parts of Europe, seemingly coming from Russia, reminiscent of the Chernobyl nuclear-power-plant disaster in 1986.
Taliban drug labs targeted by B-52 strikes overnight
American aircraft have targeted drug producing facilities in Afghanistan for the first time under a new strategy aimed at cutting off Taliban funding.