The 13 funniest military memes for the week of Oct. 6
A lot happens in a week. Lately it seems like a lot more happens in a week than usual. Every day seems more eventful than the last. So be ready for anything.
You know what you should really get ready for? Memes. More specifically, military memes.
Even more specifically, these military memes.
Have a good weekend.
1. God – the original drill instructor. (via U.S. Army WTF Moments)
2. Now we can stop questioning each other’s patriotism.
3. No matter what the Facebook argument is, keep that ace ready to go.
4. Airmen: just own it.
5. “Mr. A-10, we’re surrounded and need to break out.”
6. The Air Force underappreciated until you need them.
7. Meanwhile, over at Big Army… (via Decelerate your Life)
8. Better than a high school reunion:
9. This is amazing foresight:
10. The Guard is the Guard is the Guard (via Coast Guard Memes):
11. His PFT score was AMAZING:
12. Here’s a chance to use those Air Force combat training moves.
13. Did you volunteer for anything this weekend?
Hey! All this without mentioning Dakota Meyer or Dan Bilzerian. That’s how it’s done. See you next week.
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.