17 GIFs that will remind you of your first combat deployment
Deploying to war is an interesting time in a person’s life.
The experience will change how they see the world and they’ll never forget the milestones they encountered.
Check out these GIFs that will remind you of your first combat deployment:
1. That feeling you got when your unit was informed they’re going on a year long deployment
2. That patriotic moment when you boarded the bus to leave and looked back at your family
3. How awesome it felt to gear up for that first patrol
4. That time when your squad left the wire and were ready to f*ck sh*t up
5. When you got bummed out because the enemy didn’t shoot at you
6. When you have that first nightmare because you actually took the Doxycycline
7. How you initially reacted the first time you heard a massive explosion
8. That special moment when you finally got to engage the enemy
9. When your unit received its first care package shipment
10. The first time you tried to call home
11. When the R&R transport was loading up to leave
12. When your motivation finally runs out
13. Your dreams after you stopped taking your Doxycycline
14. When the massive explosions didn’t bother you anymore
15. What you did to someone that jokingly brought up the term “stop loss”
17. When you’re finally told you’re rotating back home after a year deployment
Bonus: When you ate your first home-cooked meal back in the states.
Can you think of any more? Comment below.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.
The war between the US Army and Magpul is heating up over ice
Magpul officials are calling foul on the Army's claim that its rifle magazines don't work in the cold — and they say they can prove it.