33 images that perfectly portray your first 96-hour liberty
For the first few months of military service, we go through some pretty intense training during the week, and maybe we have to pull duty on a weekend.
So, when a holiday approaches and the commanding officer awards your unit a 96-hour liberty, you’d better take advantage.
Check out what many young troops do on their first 96-hour liberty away from the base.
1. When everyone is told, their 96-hour liberty has been approved at the same time.
2. How you caught a ride to leave the base.
3. What it feels like walking into your hotel room
4. What you look like drinking your first beer in months and can finally take a shower by yourself.
5. How you looked properly preparing yourself for an evening out with the boys
6. How awesome you felt drinking with your new military friends
7. That moment when you notice a female troop for the first time out of uniform, and she’s hot
8. After a few hours of partying, you start showing off your boot camp muscle gains
9. Eating that first real hamburger after getting the beer munchies
10. Trying to sleep after drinking way too much the first night
11. Waking up with a hangover and you need a quick pick-me-up to start the day
12. Thinking for something fun to do after you recovered from your hangover
13. When you’re replying to all those Facebook messages for the first time in months
14. When your boys invite you to come to the local dance club
15. How you think you’re dancing at the club after a few drinks
16. How you’re really dancing at the club after those drinks
17. When you find some girl who actually said “sure”
18. What your conscience is trying to tell you before it’s too late
19. Waking up next to that girl who said “sure” and she’s not what you remembered
20. Making your escape
21. Getting made fun of by your boys for hooking up with her the next morning
22. Your reaction
23. When the group plans an evening at the strip club after dinner
24. But you really want to go now
25. Then you get hammered at the strip club
26. When your guys find the first stripper who appears interested
27. Then the gents get kicked out of the strip club
28. Then someone drunkenly jokes saying “you’re not tough enough to get a tattoo”
29. Then follows it up by saying “no balls”
30. Waking up the next morning with an unwanted tattoo
31. Stay in the hotel room for the whole day and think about all the money you wasted
32. Heading back to base after your 96 is up.
33. Look at all the photos you took the next day at work — that 96 was so much freakin’ fun
This Halloween-themed bomb was as dumb as it sounds
Still a few years out from the Manhattan Project being completed, a dentist / mad scientist came up with a disastrous and inhumane plan — the "bat bomb."
These are the contenders flying off to replace the A-10
Four planes are flying off for the chance to try to replace the beloved A-10 Thunderbolt. Here's how they hold up.
This was a major problem with the South Vietnamese army
"Be glad to trade you some ARVN rifles. Ain't never been fired and only dropped once." — Cowboy from "Full Metal Jacket."
9 reasons why you should have joined the Army instead
The only down side is knowing that when you get out, you will never be as cool as you were when you were doing "Hooah things" with your boys.
7 things all troops should know before becoming a sniper
With Hollywood tapping into the sniper lifestyle with films like "American Sniper," many young troops get a misconception what it's like to be one.
The first home-built Japanese supersonic fighter was a ship-killer
The Mitsubishi F-1 was designed to carry out the maritime strike mission, but also could carry AIM-9 Sidewinders.
This is why Bowe Bergdahl says he plead guilty
US Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, held captive by the Taliban for five years after walking off his post in Afghanistan, is expected to plead guilty.
Say hello to America's newest 40mm grenade machine gun
The Mk-47 Mod 0 Advanced Grenade Launcher takes the auto 40 mike-mike to a whole new level.
10 craptastic Halloween costumes completely out of regulations
It's that time of year again! Halloween parties are being planned and folks who wouldn't hack it in the real military pick up cheap ass costumes.