7 epic songs that prove 'Call of Duty' knows how to lay down tracks
But sometimes you just need sweeping sounds to tune out the world. Maybe you’re running. Maybe you’re sitting at your desk getting some work done. Whatever it is, the Call Sign Ronin playlist is here for you.
Here are some of our favorites:
1. Opening Titles — Hans Zimmer | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Zimmer is king when it comes to sweeping scores, and he did not hold back with the COD: MW2 soundtrack. It starts the sixth installment of Call of Duty off with the perfect blend of ambiance and suspense.
2. Extraction Point — Hans Zimmer | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
This song jumps right into the action. COD: MW2 is about taking an Afghanistan city back from insurgents and the intensity is clear in this song.
3. Breach — Hans Zimmer | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
“Breach” slows things down a bit, a necessary reprieve.
4. Guerrilla Tactics — Hans Zimmer | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Our final pick from this album, “Guerrilla Tactics” picks up the pace and introduces non-traditional instruments to give you a feel for the action that comes with a mission.
5. Call of Duty: MW3 — Brian Tyler
This one feels like it’s from a scene that may or may not make your eyes mist up. It’s okay. Just lean into it.
6. Advanced Soldier Overture — Harry Gregson-Williams | Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
This one has a build to it. Need to get motivated? Start here.
7. Draconian Dream — Audiomachine | Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
This one is aptly named: it sounds mechanical and other-worldly. And it’s awesome.