The 10 worst British military aircraft of all time
While the British boast a perfect record in World Wars — including a gritty victory over Germany’s seemingly unstoppable Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain — it is a country that has made some truly bad aircraft.
The Spitfire fighter and the Lancaster bomber ruled the skies throughout World War II. The Harrier Jump Jet served at sea honorably for decades. But the aircraft you don’t hear about are usually pretty awful.
“If you want something done slowly, expensively, and possibly very well, you go to the British,” begins the first-ever YouTube video from Hushkit, an aviation blog from Joe Coles.
From a nuclear-capable, fatality-prone navy plane to impossibly hard-to-fly transport planes, relive the forgotten history of the 10 worst British planes ever built in the video below:
- New York is quietly working to prevent a major cyber attack that could bring down the financial system
- Trump's rocky dealings with Mexico could have consequences much more severe than a few canceled visits
- Rare video appears to show destruction of Russian-backed separatists infantry fighting vehicle on Ukraine frontline
- These are the 25 most powerful militaries in the world
- North Korea reportedly willing to conduct talks with US