The Navy is very sorry about the sky dick
Officials at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island are apologizing after photos of a skydrawing of male genitalia surfaced on the internet.
The image appeared in the sky over the town of Omak, where it was noticed by residents on the ground.
The most monumental thing to happen in omak. A penis in the sky pic.twitter.com/SM8k1tNYaj
— Anahi Torres (@anahi_torres_) November 16, 2017
“The Navy holds its aircrew to the highest standards and we find this absolutely unacceptable, of zero training value and we are holding the crew accountable,” the Navy said in a statement to KREM in Washington.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) November 17, 2017
The news station also reached out to the Federal Aviation Authority, where officials stated that the skydrawings posed no safety issues, and added that they could not be the “morality police.”
- Milley: Army years away from reaching readiness goals
- Navy IDs pilots who died in fighter jet crash
- US helicopter crashes in western Iraq
- Military exchanges will bring back high-capacity ammo magazines
- 6 soldiers hit by avalanche during mountain warfare training