US Marine killed in stabbing during fight at Camp Pendleton
A US Marine was killed in a stabbing after a fight broke out at Camp Pendleton’s School of Infantry (SOI), according to a San Diego Union-Tribune report published Jan. 16.
One Marine was reportedly in custody. The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is investigating the incident.
First responders were notified at around 7:45 a.m. of an injured person, according to the Union-Tribune.
Located in San Diego County, Camp Pendleton is the primary training center for Marines on the West Coast. After graduating from boot camp, all Marines, regardless of occupational specialty, are sent to the SOI for further combat training before being attached to their units.
- Russia appears to have deployed its next-generation fighter jet to Syria — and it's a major problem for the F-22
- Gun control really works — here's the science to prove it
- Heartbreaking video shows mourning for dead children after Syrian airstrikes unleash 'hell on earth'
- North and South Korea are turning down the volume on their fiery rhetoric toward each other
- Australia, Israel, Japan, and South Korea rarely have mass shootings — and the reasons are clear